Thread: Concrete Mixers

Default Concrete Mixers

Anyone know much about those little electric concrete mixers? I have a project coming up where Iím going to put in 9 sonotube footers Ė a few bags of concrete mix in each. To date Iíve just mixed by hand in a wheelbarrel, but this time I need to move along a bit faster than that. It will get used again on a similar project in a year or so. Iím not looking for something that has to stand up to day-in and day-out use. Just donít want it to break in the middle of a project in the middle of nowhere and become more trouble than itís worth.

Oh, and I plan to power it with my Honda 2000 generator.

Thanks.

Might not be enough Amps

A small one with only a one hp motor will work. it will only be a little faster than hand mixing but you won't get tired.

It should run fine. They all run on 110 with 15amps max. A 2000 Honda will handle that. At worse case scenario you will have to help the drum start spinning.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Yeah, I didn't think they'd be much faster than mixing by hand. But at the end, I'd be able to keep going instead of having to pop a few advil and knock it off for the day. Digging the holes is going to take a lot out of my back. Ahh, to be 25 again. Thanks for the replies.