Thread: Looking for a campground near the airport

Default Looking for a campground near the airport

We are arriving Aug 24th. First couple will arrive about noon, pick up our RV and do some of the shopping. Others will be arriving later in the evening. Just looking for a clean campground to park the RV near the Airport....any suggestions.

I have stayed at the Ship Creek RV park,, about the only good thing I can say about the place is that it is close to downtown and the airport. Also right next the the TRAIN TRACKS... WOO,,WOO, left early since sleep was not an option. But, hey they had WIFI. I would stay farther out and drive in. If you have access to the military base, they have a nice RV park that I stay at.

Have a great trip

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

You belong to the moose lodge or elks lodge?

Thanks Steve, funny, but when I did a google search there were reviews for the Ship Creek RV Park that said the same thing.

Not a member of the Elks or Moose Lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    You belong to the moose lodge or elks lodge?
    Excav8tr, I am not planning to camp this trip but am a member of the Moose lodge. Do they have camping facilities in Anchorage?

RV Parks in Anchorage are a JOKE. We have only found one that is habitable when we HAVE TO stay in Anchorage and that is the Golden Nugget on DeBarr. The problem with most of the RV parks in Anchorage is that they allow permanent residents and aside from a few good people travelling in their RVs for work most of them junk up the place (they give trailer trash a bad name).

DO NOT stay at the park across from the Sear's Mall, it is a dump, the owner is a complete *****hole, and bring a gun because it is a rowdy neighborhood in the middle of the night.

If it were me, you are technically going to be waiting for someone to fly into the airport so you can park in the Airport's Cell Phone Lot. It's in a better part of town than any of the RV Parks, views of Lake Hood, and walking paths around the lake. The only noise issues are the float planes which I would take any day over drunks or trains.
    PLUS IT'S FREE!

You could also go park in any of the city parks, go out to the park by the end of the runway by earthquake park maybe. Or maybe by Westchester lagoon.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ben View Post

If it were me, you are technically going to be waiting for someone to fly into the airport so you can park in the Airport's Cell Phone Lot. It's in a better part of town than any of the RV Parks, views of Lake Hood, and walking paths around the lake. The only noise issues are the float planes which I would take any day over drunks or trains.
    PLUS IT'S FREE!
    Yeah, staying in an RV for free is a big plus for ANY town. How's Seward on that?
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

"Yeah, staying in an RV for free is a big plus for ANY town. How's Seward on that?"

Not much comes free in Seward, especially RV camping.
    The waterfront campground is hard to beat on price and location. There are a couple nice places on Lowell Point or on the other side of the bay.

Seems like a lot of folks just park in a Fred Meyers or Walmart parking lot. Might not be the scenery your looking for but its a convenient location if you need to do some shopping to stock up for your trip anyhow.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.