Thread: Klutina River or Russian River???

Default Klutina River or Russian River???

Alright I have to get out of the urban fishing and away from Ship Creek. Should I go to the Klutina or the Russian? I have no experience at either place but I know I will be going to one of them...

Check out previously posted Russian river opener n who's going to klutina river. Lots of info there already we will just b repeating ourselves!!

I have looked and I don't see much anymore about the Klutina and everything for the Russian states the water is high and hard to manage...so again which one would be the better option???

Either place is going to be crowded, both places have high water, if you are going to Klutina and camp you better call ahead to see if you can get a spot at one of the three campgrounds. I remember last year fathers day weekend at Klutina it was packed. This passed weeked the Klutina was packed as well but what can you expect with it being one of the few rivers that has salmon in it you can keep. Good luck!

yes what he said, n plus i dont think it really gonna matter this weekend where we go. water high lots of debris few fish more people. its gonna b slow n lots of patience n hard work for most to limit out. i know my bro just got back from russian. from the sound of it he was the only one hooking fish. but who knows it could change pretty quick. so n e ways good luck where ever u decide to go. safety first.

Here is one of the other threads on the Klutina. ~907
    Who's going to Klutina?