Thread: A New Piece Of Float Camping Gear

Default A New Piece Of Float Camping Gear

I found a raft store in Denver that sells a simple, yet effective piece of gear to make a tripod out of oars. In the past I have just used a strap to link the oars together to make a tripod to hang a water filter or game meat when there were no trees available.

This is just 3 rings welded together for $9.95. If you have the equipment it would be easy to make yourself. This will be less of a struggle to make a tripod vs. fighting with 3 oars and a strap all trying to go in different directions. The shop owner talked about using a tripod and a tarp to create a riverside sauna with hot rocks from the firepit. A hot sauna on a cold, rainy day is something that could deffinitely add style points to a river camp. Of course extreme caution must be used when heating rocks!

It's sold by AAA Inflateables of Denver.
    I was in Denver so I just went by and picked it up. If you are interested I'd call them and find a cheaper way to ship this small item vs. UPS 2nd day air. To the best of my knowledge nobody else sells this item.

Chugiak, AK.

Cool, thanks for the tip Birdstrike. I dig simple, yet very useful, pieces of gear like this. I wonder when NRS will start selling this?

Anchorage, Alaska

I believe Northwest River Supplies and Cascade Outfitters carry the same thing. I think I saw them in stainless.

We just use raft straps, but either way works.

LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address:
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I took three stainless rings and taped them together. Used it for years. Now I have a tipi style tent that I suspend this way to get the center pole out of the way.