Thread: Needs to be a General forum

Default Needs to be a General forum

i think this place really needs a general forum and to have a mountain biking forum aswell, i mean common theres about 1000 forums here and no one views them because theres so much different forums, imo it should be general forum first and it would be alot cleaner if stuff like performance mods for snowmachine would just be removed and you can post in the snowmachine forum itself, same with boat refurbs and stuff like that, imo, i dont know who runs this place so i just looked at the forum with the most current views, can someone contact a mod for me?

There is a general forum though we really don't do "general" stuff and it doesn't get that much traffic. The alaskaoutdoorsdirectory.com site was started as a directory of Alaskan Outdoors companies in the early days and the forum has sort of been modeled that way. Categories then sub categories. Admittedly some get more traffic than others and there are plenty of people who only visit one or two sub-categories on the entire site but that is fine. For hunting, fishing and boating in AK there really isn't a better place on the web. There is a thriving ATV and Snowmachine group as well that is growing since many people are put off by the flaming on many other boards for that topic. The sub directories also leave room for advertisers to reach a specific group. Remember a website doesn't run for free and since you and I aren't paying for it those little banner ads is what keeps this place alive in virtual space!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieJames7 View Post
    i think this place really needs a general forum and to have a mountain biking forum aswell, i mean common theres about 1000 forums here and no one views them because theres so much different forums, imo it should be general forum first and it would be alot cleaner if stuff like performance mods for snowmachine would just be removed and you can post in the snowmachine forum itself, same with boat refurbs and stuff like that, imo, i dont know who runs this place so i just looked at the forum with the most current views, can someone contact a mod for me?

There already is both of those.

General Forum: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...bal-Discussion

Mountain Biking: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ountain-Biking

Some forums don't get much traffic, but a lot of that is just because of the season. Some get really busy when that particular activity is "hot". For example, not a lot of talk on snowmachines in June, but once you get to November, it picks up a lot.

The best way I have found to use the site is to use the "new posts" link on the upper left when I come to the site. This lists all of the threads that have had the most recent posts. I can scroll down through those and see quickly what has been new since my last visit (it puts a nice divider indicating what is new since your last visit). With the indicators that show you the threads you have replied to, you can skim really quick to see if any of those have been updated. Much faster than trying to go into each forum or sub-forum to see if anything is new in there.

ok sowwwwwwyyyy guys me is just stuuuupid