Thread: Fairbanks Outdoor Show Seminars

Default Fairbanks Outdoor Show Seminars

Hi folks,

I'll be doing a three-part series of float hunting seminars next weekend at the Fairbanks Outdoor Show, for anyone interested. Might be nice to meet some of the Fairbanks crowd, if you folks are there.

See you there!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default I will be there.

I will be there Mike, see ya there.

Steve

Thumbs up Yup....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Hi folks,

I'll be doing a three-part series of float hunting seminars next weekend at the Fairbanks Outdoor Show, for anyone interested. Might be nice to meet some of the Fairbanks crowd, if you folks are there.

See you there!

-Mike
    Mike-Do you have the times you will be starting yet?

Default Seminar times

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Mike-Do you have the times you will be starting yet?
    Hi,

I believe it is on Saturday 4-7. We'll do three one-hour sessions on float hunting; trip planning, field techniques, equipment, etc. Time permitting, we'll cover some river information too.

Thanks for the interest-

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Default Book

will you have copies of your book there?

Will you be giving a review of TAG Bags?

I'll see if I can make it Mike.

Perry

Default Sheesh-

Quote Originally Posted by AKJD View Post
    Will you be giving a review of TAG Bags?
    Don't you guys ever give up? Tell you what. Meet me there and if you're short enough to fit inside the 60-incher, we'll sew you up inside to test how breathable the material is. Or how fast you glaze over... or if the material is fragile enough for you to rip your way out... Then we'll do it all over again in a cotton bag so we can compare the results... But maybe we should do the water-cool method in a trash bag for an hour in the Chena River first... Deal? Heh...

Yes, I'm just kidding. I DO have a sense of humor anyway...

-Mike

Talking hahahaha

Don't you guys ever give up? Tell you what. Meet me there and if you're short enough to fit inside the 60-incher, we'll sew you up inside to test how breathable the material is. Or how fast you glaze over... or if the material is fragile enough for you to rip your way out... Then we'll do it all over again in a cotton bag so we can compare the results... But maybe we should do the water-cool method in a trash bag for an hour in the Chena River first... Deal? Heh...

-Mike
    What a way to start a morning! That's purty good Mike... Sure wish I was there. I loved going to school (all the pretty girls might have had something to do with that ) and I can listen to hunt/fishing seminars for hours upon end, considering the speaker knows more than I do (which is pretty much always the case!). I sure would like to get my hands on your writing, have you got a website or place to order?
    buck

-Mike
    Sure, Ill be there, not to listen to you pontificate, but to see if you got what it takes to put me in the bag.

See, I got a sense of humer also.

Default In order for it to work-

Quote Originally Posted by AKJD View Post
    Sure, Ill be there, not to listen to you pontificate, but to see if you got what it takes to put me in the bag.

See, I got a sense of humer also.
    Well, I hear ya, but for this to be a real test, you've got to lie there like a slab of meat. The animals I put in my game bags are usually not moving at the time.

Don't forget to bring your citric acid powder and a pump spray bottle!

-Mike

Default Book Orders / Sample Pages Online!

Quote Originally Posted by BucknRut View Post
    What a way to start a morning! That's purty good Mike... Sure wish I was there. I loved going to school (all the pretty girls might have had something to do with that ) and I can listen to hunt/fishing seminars for hours upon end, considering the speaker knows more than I do (which is pretty much always the case!). I sure would like to get my hands on your writing, have you got a website or place to order?
    buck
    I've posted some sample pages from the book online, so at least now you have something to look at! The publisher is still taking orders online and you are welcome to order FROM THIS LINK. You can read more about it AT THIS LINK.

The publisher is still offering a discount for pre-orders, and the price will go back up after it is officially released. If you order, your card will not be charged until it ships.

I don't know the release date, and have no control over that at all. Hope it helps!

-Mike

Default book

If I order a book early from your link when will it ship, when order is received? or when the book is officially released to the public

Default Float Hunting Book Orders

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter02 View Post
    If I order a book early from your link when will it ship, when order is received? or when the book is officially released to the public
    Anyone who pre-orders a book (orders it before the official release date) will receive their copy before it is available to the public. Some folks ordered this a while ago and have been patiently waiting... it's the least that should be done!

As to the shipping date, I don't know the answer to that yet, but as soon as I do I will post it here and on my website.

Regards,

-Mike

Default No Offense, but...

I'd take your business elsewhere. When is CB gonna get off his butt and call this thing done? Plenty of outher publishers out there.

Default Thanks!

Just a note to thank those of you who were able to attend the seminars at the show last weekend. I used to do this show many years ago before they figured out where to do the seminars, and this was my second year doing seminars at the FAI show. It's a different crowd than the Anchorage show, with a real "home town" sort of feel, and I appreciate the chance to meet you there.

Thanks for coming-

-Mike