Thread: any kings in skagway/haines yet??

Default any kings in skagway/haines yet??

anyone know if there is and king salmon action yet in skagway yet?Might make a trip down for the weekend.Also any chance of halibut yet around sullivan island?? has anyone made the trip from haines down towards juneau/auk bay area in a smaller boat? 18' with full canvas and self draining bow to small for such an adventure?

thanks

From the latest Weekly sportfishing report:

(I consider 19 rod-hours to be pretty darn good! 136 rod-hours sucks azz tho)

Current Sport Fish Area Fishing Report

Harvest/Effort Statistics
    June 11, 2012

Summer 2012 fishing opportunities

King salmon

It took an average of 19 rod-hrs to harvest a king salmon in the Haines area last week (June 4-10).

Mark Edwards won the Haines Sportman's Association King Salmon Derby with a 41.9 lb. fish. A total of 50 kings were entered over the 5 days of the derby.

It took an average of 136 rod-hrs to harvest a king salmon in the Skagway area last week (June 4-10).

Grit,
    I am at 50% of normal for the year so far. Still waiting for the big surge. As far as your boat I would stay within a safe distance from Haines or Skagway. It has been a windy year.

They're here.................

As of today they have passed through, hopefully more to come.

lets hope more to come for the weekend.Looks like the wind at eldridge rock has been pretty light the last cpl of days.I will be heading down this weekend.Any halibuts around sullivan yet,or is it to early?

Have not tried yet.