Thread: Lake Creek update?

Default Lake Creek update?

Made a run up to Lake Creek just over a week ago and the area was just dead, very few people, definately no fish. Just wondering if it's picked up any?

Im wondering the Same??

Waters dropping, fish should start coming in and if the waters right things might be happening
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

I spent this last week end up up where Lake Creek enters the Yetna. Over the three day week end I think I saw 6 kings caught. We fished for about 44 manhours and had one hook up but didn't get it into the boat. Water rose about 8 inches from Friday to Sunday and it was pretty murky. Not anywhere near the number of people as in previous years.

That's good to hear that it's dropping, NOAA shows it to be rising and yet to rise more over the next couple of days. This never ending rain is NOT helping!!

Anybody fish it last weekend? I am going to give a whirl this weekend and was hoping for a little update to spark my optimism.

Im going to burn up some gas, get lost (hopefully not too bad) on the way up there, and make my first visit up there friday morning. Im going to fish for an hour or two after the opening on deshka and head that way. Any tips on navigating my way up there? I run an 1852 flatbottom with a 50hp surface drive go-devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man 85 View Post
    Anybody fish it last weekend? I am going to give a whirl this weekend and was hoping for a little update to spark my optimism.
    I'd just save your gas if I were you, wait on the silvers or reds. We fished the area all weekend last weekend, nothing caught at Lake Creek and the only king we did see caught was small. We caught two 20+ pounders in Moose Creek on Friday and then nothing else other than two very small jacks over the rest of the weekend (also caught on Moose Creek).

Just spoke to someone who came back in last night after fishing hard up there since Sunday evening and all they caught was a 20+ pounder as well, also out of Moose Creek.

Fished up there for the last couple weeks, the last week being the best. We caught fish every day the best day we hooked up 12 times. The biggest fish landed was about 45lbs and the one that got away was pushing 50...it wasn't as good as last year but we hooked and released some nice fish.

Went up last weekend and hooked into many fish infront of the cabins off of little lake creek.
    But its closed now and time to wait for the next push of reds and silver to come. But hell no fishing up there means no excuses to fly up and work on the cabin
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by 1875XA View Post
    Fished up there for the last couple weeks, the last week being the best. We caught fish every day the best day we hooked up 12 times. The biggest fish landed was about 45lbs and the one that got away was pushing 50...it wasn't as good as last year but we hooked and released some nice fish.
    Wow, well you have been the exception rather than the rule! lol Few guys I know have been fishing up there from the mouth up to Bulchitna since Thursday and remain empty handed. That's ok, with the numbers as low as they are I say leave them alone. Like LCFisherman, there's plenty of work to do at the cabin between now and time for reds & silvers!

hey guys. when your running your jets are you able to access good trout fishing as the salmon season progresses. I just didnt know if you had to float the lake down to hit trout consistently or if you could do it in the lower stretches of lake creek. also how many miles upriver are you able to run in a jet .
    NRA life Member JVJ

We ran up about a mile past the Rock Garden in a 35 hp jet last weekend. There are some bad logjams though so be ready for that.