Thread: Web Foots Body Sock

Thumbs up Web Foots Body Sock

I had the opportunity to try out some great gear made by Carol Davis Sportwear.

Steve

(edited: Note: we moved this review over to our gear review section. We are trying to consolidate our gear reviews into one area on the main site, to make them easier to find. If anyone out there wants to write a review for us, contact me and let's talk. Steve wrote this at my request, but did not know that we were going to put it on it's own page. Thanks! -Mike

HERE'S THE LINK to Steve's review.)
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 06-12-2012 at 15:44. Reason: moved the info to another area of the site
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Steve in his huntin onesie!! Can't say I would trade my puffy suite for it but the trap door does offer some clear benefits for elimination of a frosty morning in moose camp!

How is the hat at preventing creep up? The best I have found is the mountain hardware hats but even they crawl up my head slowly and expose my ears when active. The neck gaitor looks really nice and I will probably order one befor next sled season. That -40 air has a knack for cutting through any gap and my little fleece gaitor seems to leave plenty but the others I have tried tends to choke me.

Mr Jon,,

I had no trouble with the skull cap moving around, stayed put even when I slept in it.

The neck warmer is awesome at keeping the heat in and keeping the drafts out.
    Founding Member

Steve,

What's your choice between Merino wool and the body sock? And then how is odor after a couple days?
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Steve,

What's your choice between Merino wool and the body sock? And then how is odor after a couple days?
    I like merino wool in the lighter stuff, but merino gets too heavy for me when it starts to get thick. The polartec fleece that the body sock is made of is very thick and warm. I got wet while wearing the body suit and I was still warm and did not really feel that wet.

As far as odor goes, I really did not notice much difference between the merino and the polartec, but then again "they say a skunk can't smell himself"
    Founding Member

Yah, yah, the body sock... What about the hunting rig pictured in the review?! Is that a Ranger on tracks? Looks very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Yah, yah, the body sock... What about the hunting rig pictured in the review?! Is that a Ranger on tracks? Looks very cool!

That is my turbo diesel Mudd Ox, like a Argo,, nothing like heater to stay warm and dry!!!
    Founding Member

Wow, very nice!