Thread: Any updates on the little Su

Default Any updates on the little Su

Just checking on reports for the little Su

I'm waiting for a response... I'm thinking about trying

I have heard it has been pretty slow so far....

dont bother, its slower than slow

Several of the guides down there called fish and game Monday and asked them to shut it down completely. Worst catching ever, not sure what they are going to do. Several guides made the move to the Deshka. Most guide boats average a bite a trip or less for the season. Most guides have been giving fair warning before taking any money. Some choose not to go some made the trip up to Alaska so they want to take their chances. I am no longer booking any king trips because I am not willing to move over to the Deshka. Before you jump on me for fishing a hurting river.....I have only boated 4 kings this season. A 21 pounder and 3 others under 10 pounds. I dont think my boat has had much of an impact on this years run. I would bet all the guides together have killed fewer than 20 this season more than 1/2 fewer than 10 pounds. The best catch day on the river was 12 last Saturday with 122 fisherman checked.

The E. O. is out. The Little Su will close for the king season 6:00am Friday morning

Quote Originally Posted by wbooth View Post
    Several of the guides down there called fish and game Monday and asked them to shut it down completely. Worst catching ever, not sure what they are going to do. Several guides made the move to the Deshka. Most guide boats average a bite a trip or less for the season. Most guides have been giving fair warning before taking any money. Some choose not to go some made the trip up to Alaska so they want to take their chances. I am no longer booking any king trips because I am not willing to move over to the Deshka. Before you jump on me for fishing a hurting river.....I have only boated 4 kings this season. A 21 pounder and 3 others under 10 pounds. I dont think my boat has had much of an impact on this years run. I would bet all the guides together have killed fewer than 20 this season more than 1/2 fewer than 10 pounds. The best catch day on the river was 12 last Saturday with 122 fisherman checked.
    Way for the guides to step up both with their clients and with F&G! :-)

Good news! Now if they will just keep it closed for a number of years.