Thread: Looking for a charter out of Seward

Default Looking for a charter out of Seward

My youngest son has just got back to his base in Germany after a year long deployment in Afghanistan. He has gotten his post deployment leave dates confirmed and will be here from July 9 til July 20th. I want to take him fishing out of Seward one day while he is here. I fished out of Seward once but the charter carried around 21 other people. I am looking for a smaller charter that would carry like 6 people max. I've looked on line but a lot of sites don't say how many people they take out at a time. Also they don't all have reviews and I want him to be able to fish with someone reliable. Does anyone have any recommendations of a charter?

I use Mann's. Family owned small business that came highly recommended to me when I was looking. Boat only seats 6.

C) 907-252-3961
    H) 907-260-5860
    www.mannscharters.com
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

I don't think Manns is in Seward. At least I have never see them here.
    There are many choices here and most will offer a military discount.
    I would try Semaka Charters, Glacier Fishing Company, Profishnsea, Crackerjack, or the Fish House six passenger boats. All of these will give you a very good effort and probably a military discount.
    Good luck

Thanks for the recommendations. I appreciate it greatly.

Can't beat the recommendation for Crackerjack. They have both a 6 pack and a larger boat.
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

http://www.sewardresort.com/room_info.html

Here is a great place to stay with 1st Class Accomadations. I stay there all the time. Your not gonna find a better establishment for the money or double the money for that manner. They only have large Delta Boats with big crouds and normally fish Chicken Patches but they do get some nice fish now and then and the price is much cheaper. When you stay there, they have daily drawings for a free charter for 2. I've only taken one charter out of Seward in my life and was not impressed. It was a small six pack boat and funny looking little white fiberglass unique and green 26-28' boat with low sides, small cabin and jerk of a captain. Can't say his name or bussiness but if you see this boat, I'd turn away. The Fishhouse Sixpack does have a great reputation from friends other fisherman I know. Hope you have a great time and thank him for serving for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    I don't think Manns is in Seward. At least I have never see them here.
    Yeah, I saw their boat Arctic Addiction at the gas dock yesterday here in Homer. If you go with them it would be a LONG trip over to Seward.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Hands down the best charter in Seward is with Capt Randy Wells on the Rogue! Check out his website http://www.fishsewardalaska.com/
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    Hands down the best charter in Seward is with Capt Randy Wells on the Rogue! Check out his website http://www.fishsewardalaska.com/
    I agree. Randy is really fun to fish with and is a great fisherman!