Thread: The Previously discussed Hunter Survey

Default The Previously discussed Hunter Survey

I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Hopefully the title of the article was selected by the paper and does not really portray the reason for the survey. I would worry tho that when the survey is tallied, certain groups may use it to further their desire to end consumptive wildlife use. Note the company predominately selected hunters for the survey. That means very little info will be gathered on trappers. Doubtful there will be any real accuracy when the results come out.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I hope this outfit doesn't give out the personel info like the state did and fill our e-mails with spam
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

IMO, there is only one reason to study how much money hunters bring in verses wildlife viewers; to justify a future action.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Survey-Do-hunters-and-trappers-or-wildlife-viewers-spend-more-money-in-Alaska-158448505.html

^^^Exactly. With the attention we get on all the stupid reality shows, and being the biggest fundraising subject for environmental groups...you can bet they're after hunting here.

Louisiana's next.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

"Hey lady, enjoying the sight of that majestic caribou over there? Now watch while I put a stalk on it and kill it."
    Wildlife viewers and hunters can coexist.

Kinda like two people can keep a secret
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I wasn't impressed at how the survey was put together. It asked where I hunted, for which I selected a couple of different "regions". It then went on to ask details about my hunting related expenses in only one of those regions. It didn't gather all of my hunting related expenses for the year, just what was related to that specific area. I wonder how the survey was put together for the wildlife viewing people and whether it only gathered information for their expenses in a single region or statewide? There is definitely a lot of latitude as to what the survey results could be used for.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    "Hey lady, enjoying the sight of that majestic caribou over there? Now watch while I put a stalk on it and kill it."
    Wildlife viewers and hunters can coexist.
    I agree, wildlife viewers make excellent spotters.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I wasn't impressed at how the survey was put together. It asked where I hunted, for which I selected a couple of different "regions". It then went on to ask details about my hunting related expenses in only one of those regions. It didn't gather all of my hunting related expenses for the year, just what was related to that specific area. I wonder how the survey was put together for the wildlife viewing people and whether it only gathered information for their expenses in a single region or statewide? There is definitely a lot of latitude as to what the survey results could be used for.
    yes, and as if a one day spruce hen hunt is representative of the many other days spent hunting. At that point, I stopped filling out the application. From the many posts on the subject ... sounds like the lack of completed survey responses were epidemic. Where was the box that says. "If it wasn't for hunting, I wouldn't need the Truck, ATV, camp gear, firearms, reloading supplies, optics, etc" or the box that says "if I had more to spend, I'd spend that too"

I look forward to a conclusion to their survey that would be different than "those hunters are killing those remote community economies, as they tear up the landscape with their ATV's, and take the game the locals depend on ... resulting in less viewing opportunities for the tourists, and less >60 inchers for their mother, brother, and grandkids to shoot(s)."