Thread: Infiltrator systems

Default Infiltrator systems

Does any one on the forum have any information or experience with infiltrator leach field systems in Alaska, or one of the other vault type systems?
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

We installed 4 four foot sections of infiltrator for our cabin gray water system. Bottom of pit was 7 feet below ground level. Cabin is 5 feet above ground level. We wrapped heat tape from bottom to top and insulated the above ground. We froze up twice last winter but the heat tape cleared it within an hour. Our soil can be best described as pit run.

We previously had a buried 55 gal. barrel which was vented, but froze often.

The infiltrator system is not vented but works well.

Good Luck.

Infiltrator chambers are approved for use in AK.We have distributors throughout the state. If you would like more technicalinformation about our chambers please feel free to email me at adonnelly@infiltratorsystems.net or contact me by phone at (860) 577-7126. Thank you Ashley Donnelly Technical Services Dept. Infiltrators Systems, Inc.

My Infiltrators are getting dug up next week and being replaced with a typical trench system. Your welcome to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cresent Hills View Post
    My Infiltrators are getting dug up next week and being replaced with a typical trench system. Your welcome to them!
    What was the problem? Any info. is help full.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Shallow beds just don't work in Alaska for very long. The money I saved 4 years ago is not near enough to put in a typical system now, but that is what I am doing to sleep well during the winters.

In short, small storage areas and lots of ground water equal slow shallow septic, mine is the fourth Infiltrator system in south central to under perform.

Tom

I've never used the Infiltrator system, but I know for a fact that shallow beds work fine in areas with proper gravel and soil. Yes, I've helped replace two shallow beds done with 3034 perf pipe, but both were over 20 years old. I helped install over a dozen, including my own, over 20 years ago and they are all going strong. It all depends at the depth you encounter well draining gravel.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem