Thread: Anyone reload 8mm mauser?

Default Anyone reload 8mm mauser?

I've been hanging on to about 120rds of 8mm brass. It was Sellier & Bellot 8x57 JS 196gr ammo. I was hoping to get it reloaded, its bit hard to find decent 8mm ammo that isn't way over priced. Thanks!

~R

Default 8mm reloading

I reload for a couple of mausers I have. Reloading makes a lot more sense now that all the cheap surplus ammo has disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogal View Post
    I've been hanging on to about 120rds of 8mm brass. It was Sellier & Bellot 8x57 JS 196gr ammo. I was hoping to get it reloaded, its bit hard to find decent 8mm ammo that isn't way over priced. Thanks!

~R
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I'm getting good results with mine. Haven't ever fired any Sellier & Bellot ammo through it. But my old rifle isn't terribly picky. It shoots pretty good groups with almost anything I feed it.

Which is not to say I haven't done a little fine tuning and gotten some even better groups here and there...

Have fun!

I used to load a lot. In my guns and on game, the story was with the Speer 200 grain spitzer. Didn't set the chronograph on fire, but it killed like crazy.

S & B loads both boxer and berdan primed 8x57 ammo. Check your cases before you deprime to be sure you're not going to break your decapper pin. Look down into the case through the neck and be sure there is a hole in the center of the base versus 2 small holes 180 degrees apart slightly off center.
    If you plan to shoot the reloaded ammo in a military style rifle using factory sights they are regulated for 196 grn bullets, your bullets should be in the 196-200 grn range to match factory ammo. Good Luck
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !