Thread: Lets See Your Bait Sites!!

Default Lets See Your Bait Sites!!

I Find It Interesting To See How People Set Up There Bait Sites, So Lets See Em!!
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

They are not set up yet...oh you must be talking about last years sites, can't get to the pics 'til I get back...K

Default bait site

hopefully you can see this one...pretty simple. bucket hung up high with chicken carcass. Anise oil sprayed around and 55 gal drum with dog food and syrup.

I open up the bait with a honey and apple juice concentrate burn....It gets the sweet smoke in the air and trees.

Frank
    Last edited by fullkurl; 10-25-2008 at 00:14.

I use this line on my wife ALL the time!!!

Default Kenai Peninsula Brownie

My bait taken over by brown's as usual.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More brownies

Anybody else have the same problems?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JDOster View Post
    Anybody else have the same problems?
    There went the neighbor hood
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default bait

jdoster
    was that picture taken with a trail timer?

Default Danger danger

So, if you walk up on these sites and there is a brownie there....do they always run away (like good bears)....or do you get some that get huffy as if it was their cache? Curious and intrigued....and kind of alarmed. Screw all the bushwacking in bear country, what gun to carry threads...this could be intense. And, I guess you would move the sites if taken over by brownies....and then how far. Not meaning to hijack but wow...

Default Brownies on bait

These pics were taken with trail cams. In the second picture, I had put 150 pounds of dog food in the barrel 4 hours earlier. A buddy and I walked into that bait very close to the time when that picture was taken coming in from the area where the bear on the log is looking to. Fortunately, we saw the bears before they saw us. One of them was doing circus tricks with an empty barrel I had just filled up. We slowly backed out of there without being seen. I have about 100 pics from that trail cam of about 5 different brown's. Never hunted that station. In the first picture, that bear only visited that station that one time throughout the season. To me, it's definately spooky just walking into these bait stations cause you never know what's lurking around the next corner.

Don't know about Griz but, I walked up to my bait stand carrying a twenty lb. bag of dogfood last year with a 6'6" cinammon blackie standing on his hind legs looking at me (16 yards) I just stood still, I thought bears run off because of the sound of an ATV, he did run off shortly after, but came back after I filled the barrel. I always hunt with my bow from a stand,(picture is on "See my bears thread") I also always carry a sidearm. And yes Griz did hit the bait, they like to tear the place up and move on, it never came back, You will see alot of different and unusual things when you sit in a stand for 8 hours or so,especially when you wake up and hear things, I know everyone sleeps in their stand....K

Exclamation Bear Bait Action DLP

Here is a Big Brown Bear Boar that had claimed a friends bear bait, unfortunately they didn't know he had claimed it and they had to shoot him when he charged. They were just checking the bait around 11 am and this bruiser was laying off to the side of the bait and when he heard them coming down the trail he met them half way. He was shot at about 8 yards, which is also where he was spotted. Had this bear came up anywhere else than the trail he did I would be 2 friends short right now, they were LUCKY! Anyhow ADF&G was contacted for the DLP (defense of life or property) and we hauled this bear out whole in my meat wagon behind my 4 wheeler after we gutted him. ADF&G said the bear was approx. 18-20 years old, he squared just under 10 foot. He also had a moose calf in his stomach. ADF&G is Soldotna has the skull and hide and the bones are being put together for and articulating skeleton. This is a good reason to pay attention while entering and exiting your bait sights.
    Last edited by fishingis4play; 07-06-2008 at 12:08.

Smile More DLP

More Pics of the bear!
    Last edited by fishingis4play; 07-06-2008 at 12:08.