Thread: What's the matter with the site?

Default What's the matter with the site?

Several times over the past week, the site is down.

I've been having problem with this site for months, sometime three times a day. What I do is to get back on line is unplug my router and plug it back in 8 out of 10 time it works. You can also try, restarting your computer or clear out the cookie that has work, anything that interrupt the tracking seam to help.
    The longest run of no problem was when I log off.
    I have no problems with any other site only the AOD.

Ultimately there is a computer hosted somewhere that all this great content we enjoy is stored on. Like any computer it may occasionally need to be rebooted or perhaps a network connection drops off briefly. If you have internet access to other websites then odds are your computer is fine. If that is the case troubleshooting your PC or home network may appear to work but most likely it just takes enough time that the problem with the website has been fixed when you try it again.

Thanks for the explanation. While this is one of my favorite web sites, a bad connection still gets old. I always do have access to other sites so it does appear to be with this one. At times it is down for several hours, and seems to be getting worse. You may want to look at a more reliable host and/or connectivity. Just my two cents. Great site.

It's definitely an issue with the website, not any one personal computer. The site has been down a LOT lately. Once every couple days and sometimes twice in one day. It has been going for about two weeks.

Same trouble here,every other site loads just fine.Glad to see it is not just my PC doing this.

I think this thread is growing because it seems to have gotten significantly worse in the last couple weeks. Still love it when it's up though!

Sorry for not chiming in on this one, folks. Summertime in Alaska and I determined early on that I was going to spend as much time in the field as possible this time. Taking lots of photos for the site, gathering content, etc. I will be in and out quite a bit but am monitoring and working on the site nearly every day. And I work a full-time job in addition to running this site... so hours are sometimes a problem.

The outages are a real frustration for us and we are working on it, I assure you. The site runs three separate things all at the same time; the store, the forums, and the rest of the site (which is divided up into two separate pieces, mostly relating to the old "legacy" pages, and the new content we've added over the last three or four years). So the issue is complicated by that reality and we are isolating the problem.

We are analyzing the situation and are getting close to a permanent solution. Most likely it will involve moving our forums to their own separate server. They have grown at a huge rate and we need to better accommodate the increased traffic. The site will still look and act the same, so you won't notice a difference, but it should dramatically improve performance and mitigate the outages we are having. I am very aware that this needs immediate attention and we are on it.

I am so sorry for the huge inconvenience this has presented. And I am grateful for your patience.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks for the explanation. I do hope you get it resolved. This is a favorite site for a lot of people.