Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Surfing the Bore Tide w/ a Packraft!

  1. #1
    Member Gilliland440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    333

    Default Surfing the Bore Tide w/ a Packraft!

    To the best of my knowledge I was the first person to ever catch the bore tide with a packraft.
    Check out the video!
    -JR

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBnMxuy87Wk

  2. #2
    Member GD Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PANC
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Nicely done!

  3. #3

    Default

    Sweet. Do you get out a lot in the pack raft? I have had one for a couple years and have not done that many trips but have been looking to do more. Any good floats you can point me towards?

  4. #4
    Member Gilliland440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 350bull View Post
    Sweet. Do you get out a lot in the pack raft? I have had one for a couple years and have not done that many trips but have been looking to do more. Any good floats you can point me towards?
    A nice over night hike in float out trip is 20 mile. It can be done in one day... but why rush. The Delta river is another nice one but you need the wind to work with you on that one to make it enjoyable or just hike the tangle lakes.

    -JR

  5. #5
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Wow...its awesome. Enjoyed the video.

  6. #6
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliland440 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge I was the first person to ever catch the bore tide with a packraft.
    Check out the video!
    -JR

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBnMxuy87Wk
    Nicely done JR!

  7. #7
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    That is awesome. I'd check with folks that surf the boretide a lot to see if they have heard of other packrafters catch it.

  8. #8
    Member Gilliland440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PastyMeNow View Post
    That is awesome. I'd check with folks that surf the boretide a lot to see if they have heard of other packrafters catch it.
    I did and non recall ever seeing a packraft catch it.
    -JR

  9. #9

    Default

    JR- just got my new proto FEATHER CRAFT in. you are welcome to try out if you like. SB seat up high. 420 din. top and 840 bottom, 7'8" long-12" tubes with thigh straps. Looks great. Have been busy with my SOTAR stuff coming in and have not used her. If you like give me an e-mail or call 345-4308. Will be taking her to Kamchatka in a couple of week to try some new rivers for clients next year-- But you can play with her if you want to and let me know if you think of any changes on my next order.
    I did sell my SOTAR 12'6" SL cat or you could have given her a shot.
    Goo

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sterling
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliland440 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge I was the first person to ever catch the bore tide with a packraft.
    good on ya, mate. boost any airs?

  11. #11

    Default

    Badass dude! Im all in on that! We did some surfing out on Tonsina Beach south of Seward last summer in our Packrafts! ****s tight!
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •