Thread: canyon trail from O'Brien Creek

Default canyon trail from O'Brien Creek

Wondering if anyone has been successful in driving ATVs down the trail to Haley Creek from O'Brien Creek. What is the condition of the trail? Any new washouts from last season. Let us know if you have been down the trail????

Trail was OK...the rough spots are still rough but nothing new. It was wetter than in previous years I've been there but nothing significant.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

You can get to the top of the trail by Haley Creek, but the rock slide is impassible.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    You can get to the top of the trail by Haley Creek, but the rock slide is impassible.
    The impassable rock slide is near Haley creek? So there's a good distance of trail that's atv-able from
    O'Brien down?

You can drive an atv all the way to the trail down to Haley Ck. There are a few tight spots but nothing you can't get through.

Is the rock slide at the top of Haley Creek road still impassable?

I was also wonder if the big pool that used to be at the mouth of Haley Creek/Copper might be starting to form?

I was there last Tuesday and the rock slide above Haley creek is for sure impassable. Large rocks came down with that slide. You could probably walk down if you wanted to.