Thread: Boat's Done!!! 300 hp Phantom

Default Boat's Done!!! 300 hp Phantom

Can't wait for it to get here.... Years of dreaming and knowing that there would be only "one" boat (per the wife. I've managed to sneak in quite a few guns she's unaware of... boat's are a little bigger though). Can't wait to get on the water.

Cool, when do you expect it up here?
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

It's supposed to arrive in Anchorage on the 11th or 12th next week.

sweet! Are you gonna be at the gathering?

Well... the boat and the wife and the boy will be there. It's my week on. I'm sure Mel will be willing to take it for a spin.

Bummer, but at least it will get some hours on the hull

Quote Originally Posted by EasyMoney View Post
    Can't wait for it to get here.... Years of dreaming and knowing that there would be only "one" boat (per the wife. I've managed to sneak in quite a few guns she's unaware of... boat's are a little bigger though). Can't wait to get on the water.

Sweet boat Easy! Can't wait to see her up close. I've got something you may want to try that I've just tested on the 250 that adds over 70hp at the jet at some rpms. It's a real kick.

Wow, more power. You'll have to let me know the particulars.

Here's a link of the 300 hp Avenger diesel during a sea trial of the new hydraulic steering system installed. This thing just needs a 4 point seat harness system to go along with the heated suspension seats. O-20mph in 4.5s and 0-30 in 8.5s. I'm just wandering what a touch of propane will do now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R79pmuEhjI

I don't know much about FMH diesels, but I am very familiar with boosting the HP on diesel trucks. I don't think I would use propane to boost your HP. Propane essentially adds timing to the engine and that adds EGT. Make sure you have a good EGT probe installed, or two or three maybe depending on the exhaust manifold layout. I would be more likely to get an extra set of injectors and send them out to have holes enlarged and then run some Nitrous with the extra fuel you would have. You could also look at Water-Meth injection, much better than propane and depending on the mix it can add 20-30 hp and lower your EGT's. I am assuming these have a little turbo on them somewhere are well, might be able to adjust the wastegate on it a bit to help with the power as well..

Watched the video, I like the little puff of black smoke at full throttle take off.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    I don't know much about FMH diesels, but I am very familiar with boosting the HP on diesel trucks. I don't think I would use propane to boost your HP. Propane essentially adds timing to the engine and that adds EGT. Make sure you have a good EGT probe installed, or two or three maybe depending on the exhaust manifold layout. I would be more likely to get an extra set of injectors and send them out to have holes enlarged and then run some Nitrous with the extra fuel you would have. You could also look at Water-Meth injection, much better than propane and depending on the mix it can add 20-30 hp and lower your EGT's. I am assuming these have a little turbo on them somewhere are well, might be able to adjust the wastegate on it a bit to help with the power as well.. Watched the video, I like the little puff of black smoke at full throttle take off.
    Jr2. Your absolute incorrect about what propane will do to EGT values. Ive run it on both the 190hp and the 250hp with egt sensors and the temps drop significantly over equal rpms without propane. In fact on the 190 at wot temps drop by 250F. Come out to Wasilla lake on Saturday for the boat show I'll have a boat there on propane to see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Jr2. Your absolute incorrect about what propane will do to EGT values. Ive run it on both the 190hp and the 250hp with egt sensors and the temps drop significantly over equal rpms without propane. In fact on the 190 at wot temps drop by 250F. Come out to Wasilla lake on Saturday for the boat show I'll have a boat there on propane to see for yourself.
    Propane injection will drop EGTs.

So if/when someone lunches their engine, how will propane injection affect the warranty coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Propane injection will drop EGTs.

So if/when someone lunches their engine, how will propane injection affect the warranty coverage?
    As with any official warranty policy they wouldn't cover the engine knowing the engine was running with a fuel they don't recommend. The bad thing about propane is it doesn't take any engine modifications to install and can be easily removed. The best thing to avoid issues is wait until the warranty is up. Used in appropriate amounts the propane will decrease fuel cost per mile significantly since it's a cheaper fuel source. It provides a significant increase in throttle response as well. The biggest draw back is carrying a tank but I supposed it's no worse then carrying an extra barrel of fuel and you can always run the Sea-B-Q off it.

Not sure if "...heated suspension seats..." was an inside joke. If not, any information on these?

I have heated seat in my boat, and I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    Not sure if "...heated suspension seats..." was an inside joke. If not, any information on these?
    No joke! The suspension seats are built by North River. We sent them the heated seat components and when then built the seats they installed the components at no extra charge. They have a high and low setting and work great on both the seat and back rest. Both suspension seats, his and hers, are heated with switch settings on the center console.