Thread: Guide Gun carry case?

Default Guide Gun carry case?

I need to find a carry case for a guide gun w/ big loop. Just for in and out of the airplane, boat, etc. Is there anything commercially available in a soft case that fits a guide gun? I've looked and not found. I assume I must not be looking in the right place. What are you other guys using?

Thanks.

Have you tried one of the tactical gun cases for an M4 type rifle? Here is one but there are a lot out there. Some might have too many accessory pouches and some are longer than others. I'd give that a try.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/314...rifle-gun-case

Mr. Pid, I agree with Armymark.

MidwayUSA.com is a great place to look for soft or hard gun cases. If you stay with the Midway brand of gun case you will be well served at a low price. If you are patient you can get a soft sided padded gun case by Midway on sale at a silly-low price. The materials are good, the sewing is good, the designs are good. Right now, as I type this, you can get a soft sided gun case online at Midway from $19.99 to $149.99. Of course if you want the name brands they sell that too at a fairly good price. Measure the total length and the total height then you will know where to start. The descriptions are typically listed in length. I'd stay away from a shotgun case simply because I don't know if it is tall enough (others may know but I don't). An M4/M16 case should give you the height that you need, and more.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Find?dimens...erSearchQuery=

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?&newca...ensionid=10798

On the 2nd link you have about 275 choices to look around at.

Have fun with the search.
    MyTime

FWIW, I had Fine Line Interiors make me a case for my guide gun. Custom fit with soft upholstery fabric inside, padding, and tuff tarp waterproof material outside, a nylon strap carry handle and two D rings for a sling. By far the nicest soft case I've ever had. Perfect!

What is a" guide gun case"?? Are you a bear guide carrying a .458 or something with a scope??
    First of all if you fly on an airline , it must be in a hard locked case that TSA requires. If just an air taxi -- you leave your case at the hanger most of the time anyway.
    I had quite a few made back is the early 80's from raft fabric with dry bag closing, and closed cell foam for protection and flotation. Custom SOTAR urethane. I will say every one of these protos are still in use by professional guides.
    Think a company in Homer makes something kind of like this-- But you can get in touch with SOTAR in Merlin Or. USA and they will build you what you want for your specific firearm.
    Goo

A guide gun case is a case made to fit a guide gun, the Marlin 1895G or in my case the 1895SDG. It wasn't easy to find a good, water resistant soft case for an 18" barrel open sight rifle so I had one made to protect it while transporting in my own plane or boat.

Default Guide Gun carry case?

Nomar of AK out of Homer makes a nice bag. I got mine at AK Raft and Kayak.

Padded too. Snug with a forward scope but she works.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Mr.Pid was the price fair? My guide gun is often my "plane gun" as well and I have faced the same problems as you.