Thread: A (Second-growth) Cabin in the Woods -- slideshow

Default A (Second-growth) Cabin in the Woods -- slideshow

Here's a beautiful cabin now under construction in Gustavus. What's especially interesting, in addition to the design, is the fact that the cabin is built from second-growth logs "left over" from forest thinnings in the Tongass. Check out the slideshow and you'll be inspired.

nature.org/tongasscabin

Total BS,

Y'all are the biggest crooks of all. I've been tracking non-profits for quite some time, and you guys are the foundation of corruption.....the definition if you will.

With you org. reeling in $860,000,000 a year, and your 20+ board members all receiving well over $200,000 a year.........that stupid log cabin is the highlight of your work?

You guys are too selfish, too powerful, and too corrupt to come on this forum like wolves disguised as sheep. Carry on with your BS though........

I'm waiting for the third growth tent poles and pegs to hit the market as the latest greatest thing..This is kinda like a raped inmate being told its good for his prostrate.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Amen to Mainer & Amigo, I have tracked it also, what a field of corruption! Let put a stop to all of the corrupt spending and feel good grants!

Is it perfect? Probably not. Is it better than anything else we have on the scale with which they operate? Probably yes.

BTW, you can't deny that the cabin is a nice piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Is it perfect? Probably not. Is it better than anything else we have on the scale with which they operate? Probably yes.

BTW, you can't deny that the cabin is a nice piece of work.
    Like a turd there is no clean end to pick up in this. Very wrong thinking here for sure.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Like a turd there is no clean end to pick up in this. Very wrong thinking here for sure.
    I'll have to rely on your expertise on how to properly pick up a turd. It is not something in my repertoire.

Please enlighten me on where my thinking is 'very wrong', and what the proper approach should be.

Thank You.