Thread: Hatcher Pass open yet?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Hatcher Pass open yet?

has been a couple of years since i was last there, but I seem to remember that the gates were closed until July... just wondering if anyone has been up there that could give a report. Also, is the last chance coffee house still open up there or did they close up shop?

Thinking about taking the camper and the wheelers in the willow side this weekend and heading in past the coffee house a few miles (if the road is open)
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Few reports of people making it into the lower end of the hills however there are still massive drifts that will stop you. It's gonna be a few more weeks at best.

Palmer side road is not open. Willow side should be "drive able" though I have no report if anyone cut the road in however low elevation is snow free-ish.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Thanks for the info! MIght just head south instead...
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

By the 22nd should make motor mushers to the north and hit the ridges above Churchill on the south side.

It's open up to at least the mine where the big cable bucket used to be. I don't know if they plowed it in to that point but someone did. I didn't try and go beyond that point as I was in the crew cab long bed and didn't relish the idea of backing down some of the switchbacks if I ran out of open road.