Thread: New Wading shoe help

Default New Wading shoe help

Need advise: With the new restrictions on non felt boots in the Kenai, need advise on a good pair of wading boot. Have chest waders so I am looking for a slip over boot, probably with metal spikes. Medium price range. Probably have to buy over internet as I am currently still in lower 48
    Please offer advise.
    Thank You
    John

Quote Originally Posted by aliamber View Post
    Need advise: With the new restrictions on non felt boots in the Kenai, need advise on a good pair of wading boot. Have chest waders so I am looking for a slip over boot, probably with metal spikes. Medium price range. Probably have to buy over internet as I am currently still in lower 48
    Please offer advise.
    Thank You
    John
    I have some Korkers with the interchangeable soles on em. They have little metal cleats on the ones I use when I bank fish and rubber for when Im in the boat. Cost about 120 bucks. Comfortable and work great.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

The redside's have been good to me for the past few years..
    http://www.korkers.com/footwear.html

http://www.korkers.com/soles-accessories.html

I also have the Korkers with the interchangeable soles. I like them. My only issue with them is that I don't have strong hands. My husband has to change out the soles for me.

My wife and I both use Korkers and love them...Be carefull though...They run very very small...At least find a place to try some on first or go 2 sizes over what you normally wear
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Similar problem here and looking for suggestions. I've been trying to find chest waders for my wife with no luck. The thing is she's 4'10" and the regular women's size waders are way too long for her. She tried on the youth waders but they aren't baggy enough for her well... (hope she never get to read this) "extra full size buttocks".
    So she just ended up getting a pair of hip boots. The problem with this is if we have to get in some water, knee high for me is like waist deep to her. So she tends to get wet.

Any suggestion on where I can find chest waders with custom sizes?

Btw, long time reader...first time poster. Really appreciate the info you guys share in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PWNDATFISH View Post
    Simms now has their G3 Guide waders in women's sizes, and make both short and tall versions in each size. They're spendy but I picked up a pair at the beginning of the season and holy cow, it's a completely different experience from wearing previous women's waders, which tended to be pretty crappy. They're really nice. If you don't mind spending a chunk of change (or if you do mind but are willing to do it anyway) I'd talk with a Simms retailer.

This years Korkers are true to size and the soles are a lot easier to change. I wear a size 12 dress shoe. I had size 14 guide boots that were barely big enough. The chrome boots I bought this year are size13 and are actually roomy.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ydaeaf

Quote Originally Posted by PWNDATFISH View Post
    Similar problem here and looking for suggestions. I've been trying to find chest waders for my wife with no luck. The thing is she's 4'10" and the regular women's size waders are way too long for her. She tried on the youth waders but they aren't baggy enough for her well... (hope she never get to read this) "extra full size buttocks".
    So she just ended up getting a pair of hip boots. The problem with this is if we have to get in some water, knee high for me is like waist deep to her. So she tends to get wet.

Btw, long time reader...first time poster. Really appreciate the info you guys share in this forum.
    Wow, hell of a first post ... "E.F.S.B."
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

My girlfriend bought a pair of patagonia waders last year. They have women's sizes and a women's full size for those that are a little more endowed. She likes them because they are porportioned for women... I recently bought some orvis wading boots. They have pretty good grip and come with studs already installed. They were on sale a couple of weeks ago for $148. Kinda spendy but they are wide and I have big, wide, flat feet, so they fit nicely... I used to wear Chota boots but they were felt. They are wide and very light weight. I ordered a pair of their Caney Forks rubber soles, but haven't gotten them yet. Looking forward to seeing if they are better than the Orvis ones. I've read a lot of good about the Simms. Seems like they have the best grip, but they are kind of a narrow boot. I tried some on and knew they'd never work for my wide feet. Good luck...