Thread: Take-outs on the Copper below copper center

Default Take-outs on the Copper below copper center

My searches have produced limited info Headed east this weekend and may raft down for a nice scenic trip of camping, fishing and less people.

Looking for specific info on take outs below copper center/Klutina rather than floating all the way to Chitina.

Is the east or west bank more productive?

Anything to look out for and has anyone done a float to Chitina so far this year?

I have done this float a few times, my back yard per-say. The takeouts below Copper Centesr are limited untill you reach the Edgerton HWY. The Tonnsina is the real next one and then a number of take outs on yor way to Chitna. Bigger water and many braids so you need to be able to read water well on that stretch. There are only a few nice camping spots and I have found that the left side offers better spots unless you like big bolder rock gaardens.

Enjoy your trip, be careful for sure!

Walt
    Gulkana River Raft Rentals
    www.gulkanaraftrental.com

I've checked the maps and spoke to the local fishin charters who had no intel on takeouts or ever condition.

Apparently we have a storm moving in from the east that might bring in a lot I water which can change river characteristics

A lot of Native Land along the Copper in this location. Don't assume the uplands are public land open to camping.

Yep I'm learned up on the land thing. Lookin like a change in the weather so rafting will take a back seat.