Thread: Stolen: Barney's Pack and Frame and Diamond Bow.

Default Stolen: Barney's Pack and Frame and Diamond Bow.

Hi guys, be very leery of anyone selling a Diamond "The Rock" bow w/28' draw length in a black Plano hard case w/a QAD fall away rest and tru glo 3 pin sight. Put together by Bill at Backcountry Archery (has a 50 year anniversary sticker on the top limb). Also had Barney's "Moose Hunter" back pack stolen. Both were stolen out of the back of my truck which was parked outside my condo here in west anchorage (at least they didn't take my daughters stroller). I Posted some fliers around my condo complex to let people know that I had my things stolen and then got a phone call from the condo management company that the fliers were abrasive and scary to some of the condo occupants. What a bunch of cannon fodder! The condo association won't do anything, the cops won't/cant do anything, and apparently in some peoples eyes I can't do anything except take it. Looks like it's time to move to Eagle River. If you see anything on craigslist or at any of the pawn shops, please call APD or PM me. Thanks for your time.

I hate F'n thieves!!! The site won't allow what I really want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by there is no off season View Post
    Looks like it's time to move to Eagle River. If you see anything on craigslist or at any of the pawn shops, please call APD or PM me. Thanks for your time.
    There's a thread from a guy who had his kicker stolen off his boat at his house in Eagle River during the day. Thieves are everywhere.
    Try making up a flyer with just the description of the items and taking that to all the pawnshops in town.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Do you have home owners or renters insurance..........???

Sorry to hear about your loss. But did you say "out of the back of your truck"? As in, was it an enclosed camper type or just laying in the back of your open bed truck?

I agree...site won’t let us express how most feel toward these inconsiderate, selfish, low life pieces of society....although they exist and roam the hills of Alaska...we need to take precautions and not get to comfortable in our own setting, precautionary measures should still be put in place.
    Sorry..but I guess I dont understand how you felt comfortable enough leaving some expensive gear in the back of your truck. Why not walk the 20ft or so to the house and secure it in the garage etc?

Here we go..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

you think eagle river is safe good luck with that one.
    Semper Fi!

Read yesterday a guy had his iPhone and loaded Glock 17 stolen from his place in northern lights/boniface area during the night.

LOL, I wrote this knowing that someone was going to say just what you said Duckhunter. It was under a locked canopy and they just broke the lock's. Not complacent, just forgetful. But thanks for getting that off your chest. Hope you feel better.

No harm brother...as you did, I would of probably done the same thing if I had a locked canopy on my truck and assumed as much.just had to check..lol

I seriously hope you find it. I have a couple of friends in the Archery business, I will let them know to keep an eye out for ya at the local ranges..one on post and the other in ER.

Best of luck to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by there is no off season View Post
    LOL, I wrote this knowing that someone was going to say just what you said Duckhunter. It was under a locked canopy and they just broke the lock's. Not complacent, just forgetful. But thanks for getting that off your chest. Hope you feel better.
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I suggested it in another forum regarding a theft, but I would set up a google alert for this item. Try to come up with specific search terms especially with Alaska or Anchorage in them along with detailed info on your stuff. Then you will get an email if this shows up on the net!

Great point...dont forget about Alaskaslist.com and craigslist. Sure there are more..but if it was stolen, I would assume for funds..so eventually someone that thinks they got a good deal will have to go to a range or archery store and if you post something at those sites..might get a bite!

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    I suggested it in another forum regarding a theft, but I would set up a google alert for this item. Try to come up with specific search terms especially with Alaska or Anchorage in them along with detailed info on your stuff. Then you will get an email if this shows up on the net!

My son is at the US Naval Academy this week for a summer orientation camp, and had his wallet stolen. No place is sacred anymore.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

You're right about that AK DUX! Orientation camp, huh? I bet it's hard to contain how proud you are of him. It's kids like that who keep me wanting to see the best in people. Tell him I said thanks. I've looked at a few different pawn shops but haven't found anything as of yet. I appreciate the ideas and will give them all a try but I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing that stuff again unless the cops find it in a drug bust investigation or something. Just wanted to spread the word and roll the dice on finding them. After hauling 60lbs for 4 miles in a different backpack today for training, I really want my Barney's pack and frame back.

Sorry to hear about your stuff. Good luck in its recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Read yesterday a guy had his iPhone and loaded Glock 17 stolen from his place in northern lights/boniface area during the night.
    That's crazy!! If someone breaks into my house during the night I plan to keep the pistol and just let em leave with the bullets!

I'll forward your note to Kenai Peninsula Archery............Never know where your gear might turn up. At least we can look out for them.

Mike

Picture help a lot. Sorry to hear about your loss. Post some pictures for everyone to keep an eye out.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Also, is there a serial number for the bow?

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Should have eluded that the items were stolen from his vehicle, not from inside a residence.