Thread: Boat motor Thief!!

Default Boat motor Thief!!

Some low-life, scum-sucking, son of a ***** stole the kicker off my boat! I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I HAD a 2005 Honda 20hp kicker on my boat that was stolen right out of my driveway sometime between noon and 5pm today. If someone sees or hears of someone that recently acquired or is trying to sell that motor, please let me know. I will eventually call the cops on them. There is nothing I despise more than a thief!! People work hard for what they have and it pisses me off when some lazy-ass comes along and steals whatever they want.. I did call the cops and now waiting for the insurance to do their thing, but if anyone has any info, please let me know.

Thanks
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Good luck, that's horrible that someone would steal your motor expecially in the middle of the day from your driveway. I hope they catch them!

Sorry to hear, will keep eyes posted in the valley. Any of your neighbors see a vehicle in your driveway 'cause I doubt they carried it too far?
    Ours is cable locked to the transom but I'm sure if someone wanted it they could get it also!
    BK

Sorry to hear. I agree with bkmail- lock it to the boat. It won't prevent theft, but it'll slow 'em down.

Some will steal anything. I had my complete lower unit unbolted and almost taken from my drive way in ER several years ago. They must have been scared off, as the bolts were out and it was haning loose! Hope you get them!!
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Kings View Post
    Some will steal anything. I had my complete lower unit unbolted and almost taken from my drive way in ER several years ago. They must have been scared off, as the bolts were out and it was haning loose! Hope you get them!!
    i bought a truck that before the guy had it up for sale some people unbolted the tranny and transfer case and shafts and had it half way ready to take out and steal by klatt road in anchorge.
    Semper Fi!

I had my 40 stolen 5 years ago still haven't got it back....right off the the boat in drive way. They had big balls.

A buddy of mine had his kicker stolen in Seattle, he had the new one WELDED on, i've been thinking of doing the same thing.

"A buddy of mine had his kicker stolen in Seattle, he had the new one WELDED on, i've been thinking of doing the same thing."

Geez... Too bad you have to do things like that.

Goodluck trying to get the motor back, but even if the cops catch the person who took the motor they'll just give them a slap on the wrist and let them go. Sucks how theft is handled up here, might as well serve justice yourself..

You can buy locks like this ---> to put on the next one.......

http://www.nextag.com/Master-Lock-Co...55/prices-html

put another out for a stakeout!

next time just pull the piston out when your not using it, so if they steal it , itll be useless to them.
    Semper Fi!

It is most likely just a coincidence, but someone posted on craigslist they were specifically looking to buy a 15 or 20hp four stroke in the past two days. Maybe the thief saw it and thought he could get some quick cash, again probably not related, but I would take the time to write down the guys number before his ad is gone to inquire about motors offered to him recently.

I would keep a hawks eye on craigslist, alaskalist, etc. Thief's either steal to use for themselves (you'll never see that motor again) or they want to get quick cash, if it is the latter it should pop up in the next week somewhere.

Sorry to hear about this.

There is also actually organized theft crime rings throughout the valley and anchorage, they usually steal atvs/snowmachines but maybe they are expanding their ventures (if this is the case your motor is probably already chopped for parts). Cops know they exist but don't seem to care or know enough to do anything about it, it's a much bigger problem than people realize.

I suggested it in another forum regarding a theft, but I would set up a google alert for this item. Try to come up with specific search terms especially with Alaska or Anchorage in them. Then you will get an email if this shows up on the net!

I had a similar lock on the kicker. I was rusted to the point where it had to be cut off, so they came prepared. I talked to the insurance agent today and he told me that a 9.9 was stolen off a boat no more than 5 miles from my house earlier this week. Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far. I think I'll set up my game cams around the house when I put the new kicker on. Baiting season is not over for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    You can buy locks like this ---> to put on the next one.......

http://www.nextag.com/Master-Lock-Co...55/prices-html
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

That sucks Ill have the guys I work with keep an eye out for it while they work the mid shift dont know how much it will help but better than nothing. Do you have the serial number for it
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Thanks for keeping eyes out for it. However, I agree with Fishwacker that someone wanted it for their own, not cash. I had other valuables in the boat and they didn't messs with it. I have the original bill of sale from AMDS, which I copied and sent to the cops and insurance company. It's upsetting, but that's another reason we have insurance

Man that sucks that your motor was stolen, mine was actually stolen last night and man is it upsetting!!!!! I work to hard for my stuff just to have someone else help them selves to whatever they please. To make matters worse i just got the boat and i had a big trip planned this weekend. Luckily my buddy has one but its a two stroke so have to take a spare gas tank but at least i still get the chance to go out. Just dont understand why people do the things they do

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Some low-life, scum-sucking, son of a ***** stole the kicker off my boat! I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I HAD a 2005 Honda 20hp kicker on my boat that was stolen right out of my driveway sometime between noon and 5pm today. If someone sees or hears of someone that recently acquired or is trying to sell that motor, please let me know. I will eventually call the cops on them. There is nothing I despise more than a thief!! People work hard for what they have and it pisses me off when some lazy-ass comes along and steals whatever they want.. I did call the cops and now waiting for the insurance to do their thing, but if anyone has any info, please let me know.

Thanks
    I recently spoke with an Alaska State Trooper reference items stolen from a yard or storage area. If possible he mentioned to do the following -

a. Secure the items.
    b. a fence
    c. a game camera or video cam (even wireless) - Great help in prosecution of the slime balls!

Our items are secured to trees and the deck and our fence should be set in three weeks..

Sorry to hear of such BS here in this great state!!