Thread: headed to eagle river nature center

Default headed to eagle river nature center

I'm headed to hunt ERNC. I went back there last year and saw a bear the first mile in. This time I'll be camping out from Thursday -Saturday. I know the rifle area begins at icicle creek. As this is my first "real bear hunt" any advice/suggestions will be helpful. I believe I've done all my homework and even have a taxidermist picked out just in case .

Any idea how much snow is still up there this year? May want to find out and plan accordingly.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I asked a guy at fish and game and he said from the reports of other hunters in that area it was clear and we should have no problem getting back there. I went back last year around this time (a week earlier) and it was very clear no snow on the ground at all. Granted we didn't have record snow fall last year either.

Good luck, keep us posted on how you do! I was going to try that hunt this year until the military made other plans for me so I will be doing it next year!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    Good luck, keep us posted on how you do! I was going to try that hunt this year until the military made other plans for me so I will be doing it next year!
    Unfortunately the military made plans for my whole sumer/fall and some of winter for me last year and I couldn't take the time to hunt the area like I wanted to (between that and a pregnant wife about to drop any day) I plan on making up for it this year though.

Isn't that still in the CSP management area of 14C? I guess I'm confirming if that closed on May 31st. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything going on in 14C so I'm truly curious not sharpshooting. I thought you pretty much had to be hunting in 14C(remainder) to hunt for black bear right now. Unless you're talking RL460, but I'm not even sure what the "Upper Eagle River" boundries are.

I flew the valley yesterday and snow will not be an issue all the way to the Glacier. Might have some company though, that hunt has been all over the internet the last few years. RL460 should have a while to go yet. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan J View Post
    Isn't that still in the CSP management area of 14C? I guess I'm confirming if that closed on May 31st. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything going on in 14C so I'm truly curious not sharpshooting. I thought you pretty much had to be hunting in 14C(remainder) to hunt for black bear right now. Unless you're talking RL460, but I'm not even sure what the "Upper Eagle River" boundries are.
    I'm speaking of RL460 this closes on June 15.