Thread: Kodiak Charters?

Default Kodiak Charters?

Looking at doing some fishing with "ultimate Island Adventures" on kodiak and just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Thanks for the help.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I fished with Shawn a couple times several years back. He's a great guy, I think you should have a lot of fun with him. From what I remember he was real busy on deck

appreciate your input, any suggestions on extra things that we might want to bring?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Im not sure, you might call and find out what he recommends. I think most of the charters usuelly provide sandwiches and chips, sodas and snacks on day trips so I wouldn't worry about that. Pack your own beer or mixers and some coffee although they might have coffee on board. I would layer up on clothes with sweatshirts and a warm coat. Bring along some lightweight rain gear and maybe some gloves incase the weather is rainy or foggy. If you take meds for seasickness take em ahead of time. Oh yea and don't forget your camera either.

If you have a choice of fish processors, which you should, I would highly recommend Island Seafoods over the other guys. They are a few cents more but do the best job on packing and shipping and we have never had a problem with them. Not to flame any one, but I can't say the same for their competition...

Anyway, most of these guys have everything you need on board, just kick back, have fun and catch some fish.

just wondering if anyone has used the facilities on the base to do their own packing? Do you know if they have the commercial chamber machines?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

It's been a couple of years back, but when I went there to help someone, they did have a very nice commercial vacuum packer. Nice setup, and great fun to be there with other happy boaters.

They do have the commercial chamber machines and it is a very nice place to process your catch. You can also buy the bags right there if you don't have your own.
    Kodiak Island Adventures
    907-539-6474
    Shearwater 38' Allen Marine Catamaran
    Lana J 40' USCG inspected

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Roe View Post
    They do have the commercial chamber machines and it is a very nice place to process your catch. You can also buy the bags right there if you don't have your own.
    Any idea on the cost of the bags compared to bring some from anchorage?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I think they charge .10 each bag
    Kodiak Island Adventures
    907-539-6474
    Shearwater 38' Allen Marine Catamaran
    Lana J 40' USCG inspected

They have 3 or 4 commercial machines on base, bags are cheaper, like 2- cents each. Cheaper to run down to Cosat Savers and by a case if you plan on using that many. Real nice fish cleaning house at the ramp as well.

I've fished with Shawn on the river and Mel with Kodiak Island Adventures in the ocean and both are great guys. You'll have a blast.

If you buy the bags at the CG boat house, then you only have to buy as many as you need. No extras to take back that you can't use unless you have a commercial vac at home. Plus, your money is going into the MWR fund to help support their boats, other equipment, and facilities. Minimal price difference.

And yes, Shawn is good people. Known him since the late 90's. Have fun!

Thanks for the input and help guys. Things are beginning to shape up and getting close for my first trip to kodiak and I''m pretty excited. Have some good plans and a couple of offers from the members here to help us out and I can't thank them enough and look forward to meeting them.

Sounds like the CG had a first class operation going! God Bless them and what they do!
    Semper Fi and God Bless