Thread: Ideas for Alaskan Camping, Hiking, and Swimming in the Nude

Default Ideas for Alaskan Camping, Hiking, and Swimming in the Nude

In the Alaskan summers, I prefer to camp, hike, and swim in the buff whenever possible. Has anyone else enjoyed such activities around the Anchorage area or beyond? Or are there areas where you could see it happening without running into families?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I'd be more worried about the leeeeeches.. their every where

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

To be clear, Alaska law prohibits one from knowingly exposing his or her genitals in the presence of another "with reckless disregard for the offensive, insulting, or frightening effect the act may have." AS 11.41.460(a). Indecent exposure before a person sixteen or older is a class B misdemeanor, and displaying your grizzly bits to someone under sixteen is a class A misdemeanor. AS 11.41.460(b). If you have been previously convicted of indecent exposure or a similar offense, you would be looking at felony charges. See AS 11.41.458. Moreover, because indecent exposure is considered a sex offense in Alaska, it is also categorized by the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services as a permanent barrier crime, which could affect an offender's future employment and other opportunities. See 7 AAC 10.900-990.

No judgments on your personal proclivity to man's natural state. However, you need to be aware of the consequences should you decide to access wild Alaska in nothing but your mansuit.

I would also note that when one uses public trails there is simply no way to know when you might round a bend and encounter a family with small children. Having a son myself, I can tell you that I'd be less than pleased if we turned the corner of a brushy trail to find your brushy parts staring us in the face. Perhaps I'm old school, but methinks it is just respectful to other hikers for each of us to put personal preferences aside to the extent that those preferences are both unlawful and potentially offensive our fellow outdoorsmen.

More practically, I would think that exposure to the sun, devil's club, cow parsnip, and mosquitos makes a compelling case for keeping our most cherished pieces well protected while outdoors. And dear Lord, please tell me you keep well away from scree slopes.

I've got to ask, where do you hang your holster?

Load up on bug repellant!

Private land.

I suppose if you rented a fly in only cabin fron the USFS or Alaska state parks you might be OK. At least that way anybody coming around would be in a plane and you would most likely hear them coming before they see you.
    Anywhere else I would agree with what others have said and would think twice.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"