Thread: Black Bear Hunting

Default Shrimping or not to shrimp???

We had been planning to go shrimping out of whittier for a week or so. Finally got the boat ready to go for a day trip. 8PM I ask the wife if she got the shrimp permit and she forgot. A scramble followed to see if we could find a shrimp permit in Whittier on Sunday. Thanks to Steve for returning our call and letting us know that we could get a permit at Bread and Butter Charters. Had we not been able to get a permit we would have spent the day doing everything but shrimping.

We arrived in Whittier after going through the tunnel at 8am, got a permit, launched the boat and headed out. Pots were in the water about 10:30 and we started trolling the shoreline headed for the glacier. An hour ish later my wife yells there's a bear. I didn't see it at first but a couple minutes later we were headed to shore. Got to the beach and the bear was headed right at us about 100 yds out. This was her second time ever heading to shore after a bear. Wasn't too much longer after a short hike on the beach the bear was spotted heading up the mountain. Turned out to be an awesome day on the water as the picture shows. Good times with a great hunting partner. Needless to say we did ok shrimping but got a little side tracked

TERRIfic job, guys! Terrific photo, too. The seas don't get any glassier! What a day to remember.

Great job team!...Can see that picture on the wall already.

Great looking bear.

Looks like the snow is still hanging around out there pretty good.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Congrats for sure.Nothing like snowshoes in june.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Good Job you 2! Fun to be part of it all! And by the Way, shrimping was awesome!!!
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Congrats for sure.Nothing like snowshoes in june.
    We didn't really go prepared to hunt aside from rifles and game bags so snowshoes were not in the boat. We did however enjoy sledding down the mountain in raingear

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Kings View Post
    Good Job you 2! Fun to be part of it all! And by the Way, shrimping was awesome!!!
    I did forget to mention all the other fine company we had along. And just because you out shrimped us for once doesn't mean it was awesome

Although it wasn't a monster it will be a memory that will last a lifetime. We stopped by our taxidermist yesterday and my wife decided that she wanted a shoulder mount with a piece of drift wood under foot. It's going to be a long wait to get it on the wall but we are both excited.

Nice!!😄 what a bonus for the 2 of ya!! Congrats!!