Thread: A question for the charter operators

Default A question for the charter operators

It looks like I will be by myself this July19-31.Will a charter let you walkup and buy a seat or do they require an advanced notice.Since I obviously wont be booking the whole boat and I still want to fish on a charter. What do you think? looking at Homer and Deep Creek and Seward.
    Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by LufkinMike View Post
    It looks like I will be by myself this July19-31.Will a charter let you walkup and buy a seat or do they require an advanced notice.Since I obviously wont be booking the whole boat and I still want to fish on a charter. What do you think? looking at Homer and Deep Creek and Seward.
    Thanks

Mike
    Most charter operators are "six pack" charters and will fill the boat with 6 people, so getting on as a single at the last minute usually isn't a problem. But leaving it until the last minute and hoping for a spot in the middle of, to late July could be problematic. That's pretty much the busy season down here and boats fill up pretty fast early in the year, though finding a single seat sure would be a lot easier than multiple seats.

Just curious about why you're asking about requirements for advanced notice. Is it because you won't be able to decide what day to go until the last minute? Or are you looking for a seat now for a particular day and hoping to fit in as a single somewhere? There are charter operators down this way that aren't "6 pack" boats and take less people, so often have room for a single.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Im booked on two combo trips out of Seward in August flying solo, Seward Fish Co, and Glacier fishing. I definitely would get booking a spot pretty soon though, the good boats/operators book up pretty quickly. Good luck!!!

Yeah there are so many choices I am having a hard time deciding now that I will be by myself. I will take your advice and try to book soon

Thanks

Mike

If you know your dates..get on the phone and get booked. the derby, tourist, and locals..will have them packed until the end of August.

2cents worth
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.