Thread: Recommendations on Installing a Temp Gauge (2002 Suzuki DF140)

Default Recommendations on Installing a Temp Gauge (2002 Suzuki DF140)

Hello all fellow boaters,
    Was hoping to get some recommendations on installing a temperature gauge on my 2002 Suzuki DF140. Basically Iíve got my factory warning light and beeping sound available but would like to get a gauge so I can have a visual of the temperature as it fluctuates. The reason that I would like to do this is that Iíve found that during long runs (in the Texas Coast) sea grass tends to get sucked into the intake ports of the lower unit and causing it to block and reduce the normal water (flow) intake to keep it cool. Of course I thought it might be the thermostat but after looking at the lower unit I found a good amount of sea grass stuck in the intake ports. Suggestions on what brand and type of gauge would be appreciated. Also, Do I need to drill a hole in the block for this or can I just integrate the gauge into the existing temp sensor?
    Thanks in advance, Eddie

Go to your local Suzuki dealer and buy the gauge, it might just plug right it to your existing harness.

Quote Originally Posted by highgear View Post
    Go to your local Suzuki dealer and buy the gauge, it might just plug right it to your existing harness.
    Thanks for the reply. I'd love to go to my local dealer......problem is there is non, there is one dealer that sells a very limited amount of Suzuki parts but very doubtful they will have the temp gauge. I'll have to check online and see if I have any luck.

Thanks again

Get a lowrance LMF 200 or 400, the 200 is about 2 bills, you will also need a interface connector to hook to the motor, they changed the shape of plug somewhere along the way. That year should be a round plug in. Its under the cowling right above the ecu and would also serve as the diagnostic plug for the dealer. once connected you now will have the start of a NMEA 2000 network, the LMF is a mutipurpose gauge and will give you a ton of info such as, GPH, eng T, oil P & Trim posistion, it can be your virtual fuel gauge as well and you can set it up so it will scroll through the various pages. Can be used as alarm for various engine conditions.
    Sounds complicated, its not and the cost is very reasonable, there is a suzuki forum that has a lot more detailed info if you have questions........
    ďNothing worth doing is easyĒ
    TR