Thread: Kind of a baiting challenge..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Kind of a baiting challenge..

I would like to encourage all baiters to try some new things this year... don't matter what it is but when you have bears hitting your baits..switch things up, see what does and not affect your bears...

I have had the opportunity to learn so much about them since we were allowed baiting in the 90's.. and every year i am taught by them still..

See what you can get away with ( safely of course)..

The biggest thing i have learned is that like people..each bear has its own personality..and they get to know me as the hunter also..brown, black alike...

I bait now more to feed and learn from them..i get to eat a few every year too..but some of my bears been around a long time..a few of them need a bullet anymore as like people..they to have emotional difficulties and are Asses

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Well said!

robbie dropped one of our old buddies off at one of the stands by himself one night a few years back and from what i hear the bears at that stand had no fear at all of him... talking to them... tossing food to them from the stand... one also ended up walking under his stream as he relieved himself... as the story goes, thats the bear that robbie took the next day... that got a good laugh

The Challenge for me is going to be requesting time off for next year so I can spend more time up at the stand. Even though I've only actually seen one bear, I know there are more that I havent seen from lack of time in stand, and our camera issues. lol

I am gonna try something different Friday evening. I have a friend and his son coming out to the station, but instead of riding the wheeler in we are going to drive the truck in as far as I can get it and hike up from there. Maybe less wheeler noise wont run them off the bait. we'll see.