Thread: Not the fish I was after but...

Default Not the fish I was after but...

Went to willow creek this morning and found out after 4 hours of nothing that the kings were not in. So my buddy brings up pike fishing. I thought this sounded like a great idea, so we went down to willow market, bought some steel leaders, and pike tackle and headed down to Nancy lake. The pike were hitting like crazy! We hooked into a bunch but only landed 5. All of which were over 20 inches. Got them all filleted and going to have a fish fry tomorrow.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

well there are kings around, I saw a handful of them yesterday on a stream I was fishing. It already had a pink-redish tint to one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    Went to willow creek this morning and found out after 4 hours of nothing that the kings were not in. So my buddy brings up pike fishing. I thought this sounded like a great idea, so we went down to willow market, bought some steel leaders, and pike tackle and headed down to Nancy lake. The pike were hitting like crazy! We hooked into a bunch but only landed 5. All of which were over 20 inches. Got them all filleted and going to have a fish fry tomorrow.
    Glad you had fun slumming.

Were you fishing from a boat? Care to drop a hint about where you were fishing? I haven't been on Nancy Lake in years and really don't know it at all. Thank you!