Thread: Blew my shot on my first bear ahhh!

Default Blew my shot on my first bear ahhh!

Went out last night had a nice bear come in just before 1am went to grab my gun off the hook got in a fight with the sling ended up making too much noise bear turned stood up looked at me and ran off! Man I'm kicking myself in the butt today! I got to excited trying to rush things was the first time I have ever had a black bear come in to stand while I was there and blew it! On a second note I am a believer in honey burns did one at about 1:30 am and he came in at around 1:45 could of been by chance but I'll give credit to the burn it had it smelling good I had some blueberrys in with the honey and it smelled like homemade blueberry syrup I wanted some pancakes in the stand.

OH GOD....YOU MADE A MISTAKE...???!!! There should be half a dozen here any minute to tell you how much of an idiot, or how stupid you are or, etc...

But really......sorry to hear that you are only human despite what the few "perfect" people here think....

Keep after it buddy, you're on the right track now.

Good Luck...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    OH GOD....YOU MADE A MISTAKE...???!!! There should be half a dozen here any minute to tell you how much of an idiot, or how stupid you are or, etc...

But really......sorry to hear that you are only human despite what the few "perfect" people here think....

Keep after it buddy, you're on the right track now.

Good Luck...!!!
    Noo sheettttt eh?

It will be back, dont fret it.they al come back..just remember they are starting their rut so it may take a bit longer..

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Did you stay another hour after he ran off to see if he would come back? Rifle in the lap next time?

Yeah I stayed for another 3 hours after that did another honey burn and nothing

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Rifle in the lap next time?
    Don't give up, you'll get another shot.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist