Thread: H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 5 Test Quiz Questions

Default H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 5 Test Quiz Questions

H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 5 Test Quiz Questions

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Guns I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these final 5 few quiz questions?

Thanks for your help.

Note #25. The recoil spring and guide rod are a semi-permanent installation and should only be taken apart when absolutely necessary. True or False.
    a) True
    b) False

Note #26. The locking rollers should never come out of the bolt head because you may not get them back in without the use of an arbor press. True or False.
    a) True
    b) False

Note #27. A standard right handed three position trigger pack's selector lever has to be in what position in order to come out of the trigger group?
    a) 3 o'clock
    b) 6 o'clock
    c) 12 o'clock
    d) 9 o'clock

Note #28. The "Axle" that holds the ejector into the trigger group ...
    a) Has a head on it and must be driven/pushed out from the outside toward the inside
    b) Has a head on it and must be driven/pushed out from the inside toward the outside
    c) Has no head on it and can be pushed in or out of the trigger group any way that you see fit
    d) There is no "Axle", that is only a part on a car

Note #29. What disassembly process is really made easier if a special tool is involved?
    a) Removing the butt stock
    b) Removing the trigger pack from the receiver
    c) Removing the front sight
    d) Removing the rear sight aperture drum

I don't think I'd take my UMP to you if you didn't know enough to ask this question on subguns.com.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I did try SUBGUN.COM and they a a bunch of stupid bums. They know nothing about Submachine guns. That is why I post my question on this forum!

#25- I believe this is true. I've never disassembled a recoil spring assembly on any HK rifle or sub gun. I seem to remember they are retained by spring clips under the nylon or steel end pieces.
    #26- False, the rollers on any HK roller locked firearm are removeable and installed with basic hand tools.
    #27- c, 12 o'clock for all HK's to remove the selector.
    #28- The ejector pivot pushes out from the inside to the outside of the housing for disassembly. It is essentially retained by the outer housing when it is in place.
    #29- d, the rear sight drum is easiest to remove with the HK rear sight adjustment tool.
    Cheers, GUNBUGS
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I would encourage you to start spending some money on a good library of Gun Digest disassembly manuals. They are worth their weight in gold. Also a copy of Brownells Encyclopedia of modern firearms. Plus whatever parts manuals you can download from the Winchester, Remington and Beretta, etc. factory websites. All good to have laying around.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy70 View Post
    H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 5 Test Quiz Questions

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Guns I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these final 5 few quiz questions? Please correct my answers if they are wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Note #25. The recoil spring and guide rod are a semi-permanent installation and should only be taken apart when absolutely necessary. True or False.
    a) True
    b) False

Note #26. The locking rollers should never come out of the bolt head because you may not get them back in without the use of an arbor press. True or False.
    a) True
    b) False

Note #27. A standard right handed three position trigger pack's selector lever has to be in what position in order to come out of the trigger group?
    a) 3 o'clock
    b) 6 o'clock
    c)12 o'clock
    d) 9 o'clock

Note #28. The "Axle" that holds the ejector into the trigger group ...
    a) Has a head on it and must be driven/pushed out from the outside toward the inside
    b) Has a head on it and must be driven/pushed out from the inside toward the outside
    c) Has no head on it and can be pushed in or out of the trigger group any way that you see fit
    d) There is no "Axle", that is only a part on a car

Note #29. What disassembly process is really made easier if a special tool is involved?
    a) Removing the butt stock
    b) Removing the trigger pack from the receiver
    c) Removing the front sight
    d) Removing the rear sight aperture drum
    I have updated the questions!