Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neat Brown Bear Photos

Default Neat Brown Bear Photos

I took these at 152 yards thru my swaro spotter before we woke him up and drilled him. some neat pics of a live bear i thought. he squared out at 9'9" and his head was just a shade over 26". He had dug out the little bed that night and almost had a den look to it if the dirt pile had been bigger. he died well.

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Cool photos Jake. Thanks for posting.
    BK

Great pics and I wish I could sleep like that
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I never get tired of looking at pictures like those. I especially like it when they come with a story.

Man BRWNBR, looks like you could have just went up and skinned him without waking him. Quite a good looking snoozer !!

lol well i wasn't gonna skin him before i knew he was dead...lol client wanted to shoot him there sleepin' but i'm didn't want him to, and straight below him was a bend in the creek that came right up against the hill....DON"T want that!! i wanted him to move left or right before we drilled him so he didn't fall down the hill and die in the water...worked out perfectly. except the client wouldn't let me eat my sandwhich while we waited on him wakin' up...so just started yelling to wake him up...i was getting hungry...
    Master guide 212

Very cool pics Jake. At that range, with a good rest, I'd have been tempted to zing one through his kneck in the last photo. Nice going

Its photos like this that just scream "HE'S SO FUZZY AND CUTE!" that I just can't help but be in awe of these animals.

You get to see some amazing stuff on your hunts, thanks for posting these.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Great pics and I wish I could sleep like that
    Don't you have a back yard to dig up? The exercise digging out the bed will help you sleep!

You started yelling, Jake? Doesn't that lend to the possibility he would move in a manner not to your liking?
    Congrats on the bear. Must have been exciting for the client.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

well, basicly i wanted him anywhere but where he was. it was tempting to imobilize one down the spine the way he was laying but skinning on a hillside like that woulda stunk and the odds of him slipping down into the creek we really high.
    We had a great field of fire around his bed, at least 50 yards of open in every direction, he did what i figured, slipped off the bed went about 5 yards and stopped to see what the noise was. not enough yellin' to spook him, but enough to let him know he wasn't alone. if it had been brushier, i wouldn't have yelled. we'd have dropped him where he lay and just dealt with it.

But he also had two nipples on his chest with the hair rubbed off them, like a nursin' sow does and i wanted him to move off the dirt pile just to be double sure it was the same bear we were trackin'.
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Don't you have a back yard to dig up? The exercise digging out the bed will help you sleep!

You started yelling, Jake? Doesn't that lend to the possibility he would move in a manner not to your liking?
    Congrats on the bear. Must have been exciting for the client.
    B-I-N-G-O!
    You must be old school -- killed a few bars yure self- er no somebody that has!
    wes

Awesome pre-shot photos Jake! Very cool!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Frikkin' Awsome Jake!! Thats the kinda Hunting story there thats facinatining!!!

Rock on!!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

workin' on getting pics of the rubbed nipples....then it'd make perfect sense why i wanted him to move first...never seen anything like it on a boar....
    Master guide 212

Lol...now that woulda been one hell of a girl bear! Great bear and nice photos jake...every time i see one that im after take a nap in the spring i cant help but think: "thanks for help!...now your dead bear"

naps and blueberries are the downfall of many a bear.....oddly enough in a spooky way i enjoy both of them as well...i'd best watch my backtrail.
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I took these at 152 yards thru my swaro spotter before we woke him up and drilled him. some neat pics of a live bear i thought. he squared out at 9'9" and his head was just a shade over 26". He had dug out the little bed that night and almost had a den look to it if the dirt pile had been bigger. he died well.

Great photo's! Nice bear! Great job

great pics as usual Jake. Just wondering what camera and connection device you are using?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Will be interesting to see pic's of the bears rubbed nipples, not too often spring bears are well furred but chest rubbed. I've see a couple rubbed behind the front elbow, but they were back rubbed also.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Great pictures, Jake!!! Keep your camera/spotter combo warmed up for this Fall and hopefully we will catch one in the blueberries. I`m getting anxious!! I`m working at getting in shape--I`m no longer round---I`m oblong! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast