Thread: Flippin' Camera ;0)

Default Flippin' Camera ;0)

Went up and pulled the card out of the camera, and rebaited since I was emptied. I moved the wheeler back down the hill and then walked back in. While hanging out in my stand I got hear some wolves running around and howling for about 5 mins. That was pretty cool. Anyways, I get home pop the card in expecting to find lots and lots of pics....and I got nothing!! ***!! lol It really only frustrates me cause the barrel was wiped clean and there was about 100lbs of dog food in there, and I was excited to see what and what times they are hitting. oh well, guess I'll have to check again this weekend.

That is interesting. I have 2 cameras at my site. One will have 300 pics of bears, birds, moose, ect.. The other will have two of nothing. The Bushnell Trophy takes lots and the Moultrie wont take a pic.
    Bill Booth

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Here are some things i have learned.. camera tied to small trees take photos till full..small trees move in little breeze..

I make a post out of my camera trees, top it and limb it..

Cameras al have an effective range in the motion sensor..i find ALL of mine work best at ~20 foot from bait..

Set to low and youll catch every rabbit..too high and bears walk under it..

I like mine waiste high angled toward drum.i use 3-5 per site/trail etc... i also use them all summer around my land and learn more each year

Play with it, i currently have 2 moultry 2 older bushnell, 2 wildview out in the woods..they all work about the same.. once i put them on posts

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Its a moultrie and its maybe 20-25 ft from the bait. There is a tree thats closer,15 ft away, It might be a good idea to move it to that one. I have a friend whose using a Stealthcam and the pic of the bear he took with it is awesome. When I set up the camera I made sure the laser was right on the barrel, but it could be too far away. Didnt think about that. The tree its on doesnt sway when the wind is blowing, Im willing to bet the camera is too far away.

I was thinking about buying the one that uploads to their website so I can view remotely, but a good % of the reviews were not very good. I really wanted to try the one Sportsmans had on sale for $60 but they were out when I found out about the sale. Besides the bears, I was really hoping to see if any of the wolves I've been hearing around my stand have ever come in to visit.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I have two of the web ready cameras..but when i tried to buy the hook up Moultry said NO GO in Ak... even though its through ATT..they wont service us...as it all goes through their service via ATT

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

and the saga with the camera continues.....This time the batteries went dead. lol We just cant win!!

Gonna hunt it hard Thursday and friday, Tuesday and Thursday. Then it'll be time to pull it out. Next weeks gonna be busy!

Waterbustin I bought an Envue at walmart for about 30 bucks and u pop your SD card in it while sitting in the stand and bam check out the pictures, no need to wait to go home lol.

Well, I got a Moultrie m-80xt for Fathers Day. My buddies camera that is up there works better after we moved it to within 15 yards. I'm so confused by that one, will take pics of the moose and squirrels but not of what took the branches out of the barrel opening. Of course that was when it was further away. I'm not sure I am gonna put the new one up there since the end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by wbooth View Post
    That is interesting. I have 2 cameras at my site. One will have 300 pics of bears, birds, moose, ect.. The other will have two of nothing. The Bushnell Trophy takes lots and the Moultrie wont take a pic.
    Bill Booth
    I can confirm, my Bushnell trophy was a bit pricey, but man is it sensitive. It is one of the only cams that will work flawlessly in the coldest of weather. I was 20 yds away, and the cam caught me on camera. There was a fox that ran 25-30 yds by the camera, it dialed in instantly at 17 degrees ambient temp, and took a flawless video. It has three motion detection sensitivity settings, that is why I like them. Anyhow, won't be needing my new trail cam, it's for sale on the swap n sell.

A camera that has a built in screen to view the pics helps a lot. I also bring my digital camera to put the card in to view any pics i want a closer look at, as long as your trail cam and digital camera take the same. Ard which most do. Also, if you have pics and don't see anything look around in the backgrou d. Sometimes you may catch something further back than what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took our netbook with to look at the chips - throw some bait around and go back to the tent to let them soak ... and to check out what was on the chips.

Don't feel bad. walked to my sight and it was completely cleaned out. Camera showed 256 pics. I made the mistake of pulling the sd card at the same time the camera was taking a pic and it completely erased the card. Read the instructions later that night and in a big bold WARNING it says not to do that or you will erase card. The things I learned this year.

I've used a few bushnell's and am very pleased with the results. Set it to its most sensitive setting and for it to take 3 pictures (20-30 seconds apart) each time the camera is triggered. By season's end, each camera had taken thousands of photos, and I didn't have to wade through 100's of thousands of photos of nothing if the field scan mode was used. Next year, I plan to set a second camera up at a station and record some video clips.

A review of the photos allowed us to pattern a few of the bears. learned hiking that last 1/4 to 1/2 mile has a sweet reward. Otherwise learned that the bears in my area don't like to come back for a while (12+ hours) if I drive my ATV in to refill it (whether it had food left in there or not). And also learned there are a few brownies around ... so a tree stand would be nice.

IMO - it's been a good year.

After I got all the kinks worked out I ended with a cpl hundred pics and most had something in it. Caught a flying squirrel with 2 of the pics. First one all you could make out was the glowing eye in mid air, second one was of it on the tree infront of the camera. After I set up the camera I got for Fathers Day we then had 2 cameras taking pics from different angles.

I did learn that I have issues with setting time. The pic with the bear leaning back, is an AM time not PM. I think I have about 150 pics of this little guy, before and after I took my barrel out. I left food on the ground cause we were still hunting it but I was cleaning things up slowly everytime we went out. This is my favorite picture of the bears at my station. And I learned he likes to come in from 8-10 AM. So next year I will be taking a cpl days off during the week so I can get that AM time covered a bit.
    PICT0008.jpgflying squirrel.jpg