Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****** ********** Taxidermy update (mods do not delete or lock please)

Arrow ****** ********** Taxidermy update (mods do not delete or lock please)

Finally was able to have quality internet to be able to VOIP call ***** with a semi decent connection. We spoke about everything and he agreed he can have the bear done and shipped with-in a 1-2 week time frame. We both were at fault for jumping the gun as well as failure to communicate in a timely manor. We both have said things that we can look back on and wish we could pull back from our mouths. I will keep everyone posted with photos of the completed product as well as the skull.

I do want to appologize to ***** for jumping the gun and hope things can be straightened out and rectified.

Sorry for cluttering up the forum with some ranting and raving and finger pointing (guess the old saying is correct if you point your finger at someone look how many are pointing back at you).

V/R
    SGT Ryan Libby
    Last edited by Brian M; 08-17-2012 at 12:39.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Lol you two sound like a bunch hens in the hen house lol... And it's almost guaranteed that this thread will get the axe by the end of the day... I say around 1800

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Lol you two sound like a bunch hens in the hen house lol... And it's almost guaranteed that this thread will get the axe by the end of the day... I say around 1800
    not so sure. This doesn't violate any rules, and if anything lends support to the rules. At least NhraFox was big enough to admit some mistakes on his part publicly. I'm sure that there is blame to be added on the taxi's part. It will be interesting to see if he follows through and make things right.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Default Adventures Alaska Taxidermy- Anchorage 907-334-9991

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    Finally was able to have quality internet to be able to VOIP call Shawn with a semi decent connection. We spoke about everything and he agreed he can have the bear done and shipped with-in a 1-2 week time frame. We both were at fault for jumping the gun as well as failure to communicate in a timely manor. We both have said things that we can look back on and wish we could pull back from our mouths. I will keep everyone posted with photos of the completed product as well as the skull.

I do want to appologize to Shawn for jumping the gun and hope things can be straightened out and rectified.

Sorry for cluttering up the forum with some ranting and raving and finger pointing (guess the old saying is correct if you point your finger at someone look how many are pointing back at you).

V/R
    SGT Ryan Libby
    I have to say that I do appreciate Ryan standing up and owning it. My fault was simply not sending a couple photos.
    I work from 7:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m. six days a week to to do my best creating memories for my clients. I pride myself on great work. Never do I on purpose not respond to a client. There are some clients that want more than the average guy and I just simply forgot to send a photo. Ryan also agreed with me that he never sent me 15 plus emails. That was what upset me the most. Nor did he attempt to call me. He did cvall me at 7:30 this morning and I answered the phone, as I always do.
    If someone feels I have done them wrong, Call me. Come see me. It was never intentional. But don't sit on your rump and whine about something if you don't bring it to my attention so I can fix the problem.I have many return clients. My business is based on that. I advertise very little because I don't need to.
    My rug prices are the lowest and we give Senior and Military discounts.
    All of you are invited to my studio to see my work. Come and see how it's done. Come get skinning lessons and a cup of coffee. I am always here to help. This is my Industry and i am a leader in it. I have been doing Taxidermy for 30 years and I will put my work against any others. I am not the best.But I am one of the best.

"A good Taxidermist is not cheap and a cheap Taxidermist is not good"

If you have any questions about taxidermy, my studio or me give me a call.

Shawn McCrary- Master Taxidermist
    Adventures Alaska Taxidermy
    907-334-9991

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post

That's up to the posters now isn't it.....
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Adventures Alaska View Post
    I have to say that I do appreciate Ryan standing up and owning it. My fault was simply not sending a couple photos.
    I work from 7:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m. six days a week to to do my best creating memories for my clients. I pride myself on great work. Never do I on purpose not respond to a client. There are some clients that want more than the average guy and I just simply forgot to send a photo. Ryan also agreed with me that he never sent me 15 plus emails. That was what upset me the most. Nor did he attempt to call me. He did cvall me at 7:30 this morning and I answered the phone, as I always do.
    If someone feels I have done them wrong, Call me. Come see me. It was never intentional. But don't sit on your rump and whine about something if you don't bring it to my attention so I can fix the problem.I have many return clients. My business is based on that. I advertise very little because I don't need to.
    My rug prices are the lowest and we give Senior and Military discounts.
    All of you are invited to my studio to see my work. Come and see how it's done. Come get skinning lessons and a cup of coffee. I am always here to help. This is my Industry and i am a leader in it. I have been doing Taxidermy for 30 years and I will put my work against any others. I am not the best.But I am one of the best.

"A good Taxidermist is not cheap and a cheap Taxidermist is not good"

If you have any questions about taxidermy, my studio or me give me a call.

Shawn McCrary- Master Taxidermist
    Adventures Alaska Taxidermy
    907-334-9991

Shawn I am trying to help fix things here so this will be the last post I leave on here about this topic aside from final product pictures. but Never did tell you I lied about the 15+ emails I stated and I quote "Shawn I did send 15+ they came from 3 different email accounts not sure about the reliablity due to our internet." so please do not put words in my mouth to make me out to look like a liar. I am trying to clear things but statements like this are not helping so please lets keep this to Emails to be professional.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

SGT Libby...let it go Soldier. You both did the right thing here and fessed up...hugs were exchanged and some knuckle love tapped out...you got more important things to be concerned about over there..like taking care of Soldiers and yourself. Thanks for your service. Stay the course and stay focused....

must be the 1SG trying to come out again...Man I cant wait to retire next year..lol
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Hell after what went down yesterday on base (its on fox news so im sure you are tracking).. im right there behind ya... 3 tours down hopefully my packet gets approved and I can finally get a stable spot in the lower 48 with out redeploying in less than a year and a half

Oh well was wrong on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    SGT Libby...let it go Soldier. You both did the right thing here and fessed up...hugs were exchanged and some knuckle love tapped out...you got more important things to be concerned about over there..like taking care of Soldiers and yourself. Thanks for your service. Stay the course and stay focused....

must be the 1SG trying to come out again...Man I cant wait to retire next year..lol
    Well said top..

I hear ya brother.. I have many friends there. I hope all is well. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    Hell after what went down yesterday on base (its on fox news so im sure you are tracking).. im right there behind ya... 3 tours down hopefully my packet gets approved and I can finally get a stable spot in the lower 48 with out redeploying in less than a year and a half
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

first photo I received. Still on my long ass trip back to the states (horrible weather in kuwait so we got diverted to Quatar which the weather here is still pretty bad (dust storm, high winds, hot, humid).

I will post more photos as I receive them from Shawn

Any more updates for us all? Curious to see how this is all turning out. Been a couple weeks so you should have it back by now by the sounds of it.

After some speed bumps we got things in order the bear was paid in full last week and should ship this week we will see as he was going to be out of town. As soon as it ships and arrives I have family taking photos of it for me. we will see what it looks like. This is the only photo I have received from Shawn

as soon as it arrives I will have more photos posted.

Well I just got the first photos of my rug (poor quality photos but none the less I am not pleased) ***** stated the hide had some slight slippage while going through the tannery (still unsure how this happened as I dropped the hide off literally less than 24hrs after it was skinned and the person who assisted me in the skinning is a ex trapper who is VERY thorough with his work).

I know the whole "you get what you pay for and do your research" as this was my 1st trophy and first alaskan black bear (and over 6ft). I paid 1350.00 to have the rug done and feel things were not done the right way. I have no clue if there is even a way to repair this and if there is please chime in as I do want to proudly display my bear but right now I feel ashamed to even hang it on the wall.

As you can see in the photos there is a large area that is furless as well as a patch in the center of the bear. I will try to have some better photos taken as soon as the movers unpack our house tomorrow.

***** did offer to assist me with a caribou drop off hunt but honestly I will not be taking him up on this offer as I cannot be sure I will be picked up after being dropped in some remote area of AK (not joking)

I will write a complete review in the taxidermy area as well but wanted to update this thread as people have PM'd me asking the outcome.

Here are a few of the emails we spoke to each other about the slippage and such

[
    Jul 12
    to me

Ryan I told you we were shutting down for two weeks.
    Tuesday when I woke my left eye had an infection. Today I'm working and mailing your package.
    I will have a tracking number shortly.
    Please understand I gave your bear the same attention to detail I give all clients. I'm happy with it as is all my clients who have seen it. I placed the largest rug shell for black bears there is.
    There were a couple areas where the fur slipped but was able to patch nicely.
    The skull turned our nicely also with no residue left from fat nor any tooth crack age.
    I will email again later with the info.

Ryan Libby
    Jul 12
    to *****

So then *****, how many patches of fur slipped as you had the bear at your shop the day after it was killed and it had been cooled literally an hour after it was shot and skinned. It just seems odd as 2 weeks ago you said it would ship on wed. now we are sitting further into the month and it still has not shipped. My wife will be back in AK in 2 weeks so just refund the shipping and I will have my rear D commander come pick it up and hold it for me.

Jul 12
    to me

Ryan the bear is shipped.
    The slippage was due to whatever reason through the tanning phase which I have no control. It was a typical slippage we see on the occasion. It covered and it is not visible.
    I was going to offer assistance in a drop off hunt for caribou off the hall road in the future if your interested. I own partnership in a plane up there in happy valley out of Deadhorse.

Ryan Libby
    Jul 13
    to *****

Well ***** I do hope it turned out as you say I would hate to hang a bear that looks like a aging 50 yr old redneck with a balding pattern.

Jul 13
    to me

The bear will get you compliments for many years. Guaranteed.
    Hunts aren't cheap. But I can get you dropped off on a caribou hunt. You just have to get there.
    Last edited by Brian M; 08-17-2012 at 12:41.

I charge $1100. for a Black Bear rug & I would Kick My Own ***** if I turned out something like that for a customer.

You are truly justified in your complaint.

RJ Simington

Pro are you able to repair the middle age man balding pattern on my blackie or do you know of anyone who could I return from afghanistan in 3 weeks and would like to get this some what presentable so it can be displayed

Look on the Meat & Trophy care forum.

RJ

Sorry, but that bear rug is terrible. I have been a taxidermist for 20 years and RJ (protaxidermy) knows what he is talking about. I would sue myself too if I ever turned something like that out.

I think you are justified in being upset with the outcome. Looks like he didn't even take the time to color in the open spots, so it at least blends in better. Best of luck to ya on getting it fixed up.
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast