Thread: side by side transducer mount ?

Default side by side transducer mount ?

Will 2 transducers work if mounted side by side?

I have an existing lowrance (not sure of freq) mounted on the boat on each side - I added the dual freq transducer from my Garmin next to the lowrance on port side....

Will they both work or will I get interference?

Spacing is minimal. This is on a searunner and the tabs for mounting the ducers are not very big.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Will 2 transducers work if mounted side by side?

I have an existing lowrance (not sure of freq) mounted on the boat on each side - I added the dual freq transducer from my Garmin next to the lowrance on port side....

Will they both work or will I get interference?

Spacing is minimal. This is on a searunner and the tabs for mounting the ducers are not very big.
    There's a pretty good chance that there will be interference.

I'll find out tomorrow. I really don't need 3 fish finders & 3 GPS's on this little boat...so I will shut one off and use the Garmin as my main GPS until I get to a fishing spot ... or some plethura thereof........

I am very pleased with the detail and user friendliness of my Garmin 546S compared to the 3 Lowrance units on the boat (they are old and not comparitive models so it is not really a fair comparison).

I bought a 546S last winter too and if you upgrade to a Airmar tm260 transducer you wont need the other two. The detail that I am getting through mine is awesome, no to mention that it will track bottom at 35mph. Just my .02 though.

This is how mine are mounted, the Garmin transducer is on the transom and the Humminbird is beside the trim tab, both run on the same frequency and no interference, the Humminbird is also a wide angle, beside the port tab I run a Fish Hawk transducer which is a different frequency, no problems.

I did get interference on the two that are mounted side by side. The garmin works so much better than the older lowrance I will probably just remove the lowrance at some point.

Maybe next year I will upgrade to the 260T - how much better is the detail that you pick up off the bottom in 200 foot?