Thread: Shooting ranges in Fbks

Default Shooting ranges in Fbks

Where are and how are the ranges in Fbks area? I know there is one on S. Cushman. Any others? Are they crowded often? Are they governed, like by a range master?
    Thanks for any info.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

The one on S. Cushman has no Range Master. It's a 300yd range and usually it isn't that crowded. Sometimes there is a lot of junk out there because people like to shoot at old tv's, microwaves and other trash without cleaning it up. Two sides to the range, one for rifle and one for pistol. There is also one on Chena Hot Springs Road (don't remember the mile marker). I wouldn't really call it a range though as there isn't anything set up there like benches or anything. I've shot at that one a couple times and I've been the only one there. Same problems on that range as far as trash goes.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I go to the one in clear, its currently only 159 yards..but i am ever the only one there

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks, like Juneau and unlike Anchorage, has an ADF&G indoor shooting range. It's here; http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...banksrange.map Have fun.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

TVSA is opening the UAF outdoor range twice a week I think, no fee. fun silhouette range to 100yds.