Thread: Looking for a partner for a guided Mt. Lion hunt

Default Looking for a partner for a guided Mt. Lion hunt

Mods, I dont see too many threads like this here so please delete if im not within the rules...

I have been researching Mountain Lion hunts for the last 2 years and have come across some pretty good outfitters but always seem to have that gut feeling like Im taking a gamble (as I've never been on a guided hunt before). A little while ago I stumbled across an outfitter in Canada that has excellent reviews and the pictures on his website seem to say it all about the type of operation he's running. Well needless to say, Im pretty excited about booking a hunt but due to his reputation he is booked up until the 2015/2016 hunting season (Dec-Feb season) with the exception of a block in December 2014 that is open to a group of two. As I cannot commit to booking in 2015/2016 and I dont have any buddies that want to come along, I am posting here to see if anyone has been wanting to do a trip like this and wants to partner up.

As far as some of the details go, this trip is expensive but you get what you pay for IMO. The outfitter runs out of Alberta, Canada where most of the largest Mt. Lions in North America come out of and it is a 12 day hunt. He only goes after mature large male lions and their management strategy has lead to a great success rate on large lions. I have spoke to this outfitter and several references over the last week, so anyone interested feel free to PM me for additional info and maybe a trip can be set up. I have attached a photo from his website which is a good representation of what can be expected.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about posting the link to his site. That is one huge cat!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I can imagine sheep hunting has nothing on running the hills after a pack of hounds and a running cat. Sounds like one excellent adventure. Wish I could commit that far out.

I may be interested. Would need to know the details of your plan and cost. Website didn't have much info either.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Pm sent. Been thinking about a Mt. Lion hunt for a while.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    How about posting the link to his site. That is one huge cat!
    Good call Tom, here is is...
    http://www.tntoutfitting.com/mountainlion.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    I can imagine sheep hunting has nothing on running the hills after a pack of hounds and a running cat. Sounds like one excellent adventure. Wish I could commit that far out.
    Man, I dont think there are many hunts out there as exciting as sheep hunting but yes, the thought of a 200 pound cat that can be in a tree above you ready to pounce and you never knowing it does sound pretty exciting. Im transferring out of Alaska next year so I figure now is the time to start checking these hunts Ive always wanted to go on off my list. If I ever draw another sheep tag you can bet everthing else will take back seat to that though!

Milo & Matt PM sent...