Thread: Fun trip

Default Fun trip

Well tomorrow the bride starts her canoe trip from Wrangell to Juneau for healing and righteous celebration. There are using a 15 person 28 footer.Adventures like these make memories and bonds,its not the destination so much as the journey Ho Ho
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Is that one of those big Haida or Tlingit style dug out canoes made of a big cedar? If so, I look forward to a few pictures if you get a chance. Took an Alaska Native history course n did my final presentation on the different style of traditional boats used across Alaska, those big canoes were by far my favorites.

Yep it is and there will be many heading to Juneau for the big celebration. There are a couple seiners following hauling gear and the Coast Guard watching also.May have a few rowing pratice pics this afternoon,its lovely here rain and a little wind.The big challenge will be from Kake to Angoon and then Juneau.My understanding is fifteen deer allowed along the way to give out to elders on the journey and siwash camping.We hoped for a 38 foot canoe but just got the 28 which in truth may be best.Do hope the young men are able to pick up for the brides that are going in their fifties but they just might show up the youngsters.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

A few pics

Click to make larger

A little support click to make larger.
    URL=http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/AmigoWill/?action=view&current=IMG_0537.jpg][/URL]

Party

URL=http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/AmigoWill/?action=view&current=IMG_0528.jpg][/URL]

VERY COOL!~!!

Congrats to the Mrs.!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Well tomorrow the bride starts her canoe trip from Wrangell to Juneau for healing and righteous celebration. There are using a 15 person 28 footer.Adventures like these make memories and bonds,its not the destination so much as the journey Ho Ho
    What's the reason behind the trip and celebration...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

What! No goox to paddle?

One must pratice the right and wrong way.My bride is in the middle. Frank Murkowski and wife first to the rescue

Man, those canoes are breathtaking. Wish I could have been there, filming and taking pictures.....maybe even some paddling too!

Some of them are built by a outfit in Canada out of fiberglass or something. I'll post more pics as I get them from other. Wife said you can't take pics a paddle plus if you get out of sync you get dunked at camp

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Frank Murkowski and wife first to the rescue
    Now that must have freaked you out a little....???!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

They were only fifty feet or so from shore.I asked the bride how the life jacket worked and she said great.I asked what about the CO2 for blowing it up and she said I forgot about that.She won't forget next time.

Those are some of the coolest pics I've ever seen on this forum.
    Thanks for sharing.

That looks like a great event.
    culture and community..
    wow
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com