Thread: Leadsled?

Default Leadsled?

Does anyone in the Fairbanks area have a leadsled that I could borrow or even rent for a day at the range? I need to work up a load for my 45-70 and .458 win Mag and sight in both a scope and iron sights on them and the recoil is killing me. Without a leadsled I will need to go to the range several days in a row to get it done and I just don't have the time for that right now.
    Thanks, Mike

You might want to try a past mag recoil pad for your shoulder if you aren't currently using one, it really takes the sting out of big bores. For the 458 win mag I'd suggest RL7 for 350's and RL15 for 500's, Shouldn't be too hard to get it dialed in.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

80 rounds mixed of 325, 350 and 420gr isn't so bad.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

For me shooting offhand with a stick lets me know which loads are best for hunting plus the body moves with recoil so its not felt as much.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you