Thread: Mushing Associations Ohio and Adjecent states?

Default Mushing Associations Ohio and Adjecent states?

Could someone direct me to a website or individual that mushes in Ohio?
    In the past, I have seen or read about races east of Cleveland, OH. I can not find any contact information on the internet.
    If anyone can direct me to a site with the information it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

There are a few people from Ohio hanging out on sleddogcentral.com. The only races I know of east of Cleveland are either in Pennsylvania <rimshot> or the dryland races at Kirtland Farmpark. The folks at SDC would know.

If you aren't from Ohio State you can hazard a trip up north to the UP and run the UP 200. Also there are several smaller open events like the Tahquamenon Country 4 dog. It is a 12 mile 4 dog sprint. Ed Stielstra and his wife run Natures Kennel in McMillan, MI. He runs the Iditarod frequently, and is the current UP 200 champ. Just across the border in Ontario there are several races also.

(I used to be from Ohio ... 35 years ago.)

Check with Jim Oehschlaeger from the Cincinnati area. He has 40 years experience with sled dogs ... has run both Iditarod and the Yukon Quest. Has a winter camp on the UP and a still substantial kennel of Alaskan Huskies. He has an electrical contracting business called Busy Bee Electric. He can give you the info you're looking for. Good luck.