Thread: Maud Rd. Shooting Update

Default Maud Rd. Shooting Update

A little visual tour of the lovely, respected and well managed area (whoopee! for the fine KRPUA legislation and enforcement budget):

http://web.me.com/rvhoward/Site/Phot...y_29_2012.html

(See quote by the late Austin Helmers - long used by Knik R. Watershed Group, by permission - on the 'Navigation' pg. of same site.)

Can you shoot past a hundred yards there?

The place is a pit, slobs, crackheads and a-holes, no enforcement party hardy no troopers no fish and game ,just moved all the trash
    from Jim creek to Maude Rd .Need to put up a gate open at 4am closed at 8 pm .Let the whining begin

It was the same way at the bunkers at the end of KGB. Folks can't clean up after them selves and the next step will be no shooting.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

What a mess, some people are absolute pigs. One reason I never even bother to go to the Knik river use area at all, been there a few times and that was enough. I'd rather pay the epm membership price at Birchwood and have a safe, nice place to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    What a mess, some people are absolute pigs. One reason I never even bother to go to the Knik river use area at all, been there a few times and that was enough. I'd rather pay the epm membership price at Birchwood and have a safe, nice place to shoot.

you can lock everything up, your only stopping the good guys from using anything, outlaws will always be OUTLAWS! dont forget that.
    Semper Fi!

Slob gun owners are like slob hunters and at times make question of rights of all.Most every case of slobs is seen by good folk and these good folk say nothing to the bad folk.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

It amazed me on my way out of Seward the other day. Some folks had been shooting north of town in a state gravel pit. You could plainly see the store bought targets against the bank and a bunch of junk around it. How F'n hard is it to pick up the target you actually went to the store and bought? We shoot in a state pit also, because I can get to 400 yards there vs. the 200 at our local range. My son and I usually bring home 3 or 4 contractor garbage bags of **** every time we go there. Pisses me off to no end.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

i tell you what, im constantly patrolling the knik river valley on my 3 wheeler and cannot belive all the glass bottles people leave in the sand, i haul a load home everytime im out on the river bed. its usually the fancy beers too that i cant afford to drink, rich folk and there god da&^ littering pisses me off.
    Semper Fi!