Thread: Swanson & Moose river HP restriction & 2 stroke ?

Default Swanson & Moose river HP restriction & 2 stroke ?

Any more current rules? Or does this fall into the Kenai watershed restrictions on 2 stroke ban.

My main question is, can I run my 8 HP 2 stroke on on the Swanson & Moose rivers? If so I have just the boat and
    motor.

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/boating/...ctions2009.pdf

they did use motors on the swanson for moose hunting an in the lower part of the moose Max at Alaska canoe rents canoes at the Moose, he might know or send you in the correct direction to get it stright I did do it along time ago very shallow an twisty an rockey if I remember correctly
    SId

Max told me that it's 10hp limit on the Swanson, I don't know about the Moose. I believe it's Federal regs being a Wilderness Area. No wheeled anything, no bikes or carts or canoe carriers. Unless you work the oil fields, then you can just drive your car or truck.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

There are a couple of rivers that Have ( portions of Rivers) With the 10 hp limits here on the refuge ( Kenai National wildlife refuge)
    The swanson , Moose, Killey.
    I have use a 3 hp motor on a canoe to go up the swanson river from the landing out swanson river road and it worked well.
    As narrow as that kboat is it should be able to go up just fine.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Thanks Max Kurt