Thread: Brown bears at my site

Default Brown bears at my site

Got a grizz and her cubs at my bait station, no black bear yet. I got lots of pics on my trail cam they were there 3 nights. I let the barrell go emptyfor a week then rebaited. Anyone know of any other way of getting rid of em (leagly) ! Thanks

Leaving it empty for the week may have done it...

pics aren't showing up..
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Here's one we call Magilla Gorilla. Sorry for the stick in his face ~ it obviously wasn't there when we set up...
    We're pretty sure he blew his plug at our station. There is a 5-foot diamiter green grass slick and a green/brown clump near the barrel.
    Bear Bait Trail Cam Pics 12 086.JPG

That is a SOLID BEAST!..lol

looks like a Gorilla to say the least....nice bear. would drive me nuts to see a 9fter pluss come in and eat right in front of me while I was sitting in a stand...all the hard work some put into a brown bear hunt to have one walk in so close has got to erk some bear hunters..lol

Enjoy..hope he leaves and you get a big blackie.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by jcav.444 View Post
    Got a grizz and her cubs at my bait station, no black bear yet. I got lots of pics on my trail cam they were there 3 nights. I let the barrell go emptyfor a week then rebaited. Anyone know of any other way of getting rid of em (leagly) ! Thanks
    I was just looking at pictures this weekend of a friends bait station. One picture had 5 grizzlies feeding at his station. He quit baiting for a week and now hes got a nice black coming in.

Stop feeding the grizzlies worked for him.

Hope i have the same luck

I was interested to see how quickly [usually within the hour] and frequently [every day browns and blacks feed at our site] the black bears came in after the brownies left. Even after ol' scar-back sow slept for 3.5 hours at the site ~ black bear returned within an hour of her leaving! It is like they're waiting in the wings for their chance. Of course brownies are hogs and will clean out a barrel in short notice.
    Check this picture out. It's a little hard to see but this green grass swath of poo appears to be where one of the brownies blew it's winter hibernation plug. Never seen anything like this in 7 years of baiting ~ I swear the slick is approaching 5 feet in diameter.
    P5310037.jpg

Yes, ther's still 3 feet of snow at our stand as of last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinG View Post
    I was just looking at pictures this weekend of a friends bait station. One picture had 5 grizzlies feeding at his station. He quit baiting for a week and now hes got a nice black coming in.

Stop feeding the grizzlies worked for him.