Thread: Copper river dip netting charter info

Default Copper river dip netting charter info

I have come across a charter that does dip netting on the copper river, Captain Kim's good time charters out of Chitina. I have tried to get ahold of them but their phones seem not to work and they didn't respond to emails. Has anyone else come across this? Does anyone else have some good current contact information for this charter?

Don't know for sure, but I don't think he's been around for a couple of years. I tried to reach him a few seasons ago and got nothing, no response to anything. The only game in town that I know of is Hem's, AKA Copper River Charters.

http://copperrivercharters.net/index2.htm

He told me a couple of years back he was quitting...too bad I really liked going out with him.

Default Dipnetting with Captain Kim

I'm not one to bad mouth any business but I can't hold back on this one. Two years ago, I paid $650 to charter the entire boat with Captain Kim. He cancelled the charter due to an upcoming back surgery. I asked for a refund, but he explained that the bills were piling up. I didn't want to put him in further hardship, so I told him that he could keep the charter fee and apply it to the following year. Well, he was supposed to return to business this year but he has stopped returning my emails requesting a charter reservation. I'm not sure that I would want to go on a charter with him anyways, since I really can't trust someone that fails to meet his debt. It's been a good lesson for me to not trust someone just because they hang a shingle outside and claim they run a reputable business. You can always count on Hem's, that is without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyfish View Post
    He told me a couple of years back he was quitting...too bad I really liked going out with him.

MAn that sucks. Im sorry to hear that you lost that money. I was really excited to see that someone did a charter from their boats. I know the other companies do a charter but the drop you off and i would really like to dip from a boat. If anyone else nows of a company that does dip netting charters from their boats in the copper river please let me know.

I want to set things straight on Captain Kim's Good Time Charters. I'm Kim. I injured my back at work in December 2008. I've had one surgery last year, and I'm having a second surgery July 3rd 2012. I fully intend to re-open the charter service as soon as I'm physically able, which looks like it probably won't be until next season. I'm not looking for a pity-party here, just want to make things right. If anyone feels they were overlooked when I sent deposit refunds back, please contact me with your information and details at captainkims05@yahoo.com so I can take care of this. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Be safe and good luck in Chitina! Hope to see you there soon. Thanks, Kim