Thread: Yeti thread was deleted.....and why...

Default Yeti thread was deleted.....and why...

Some have asked about the thread i posted on the yeti (brown bear) that a client shot with me and another outfitter, and why the thread is gone.
    I had posted about a good experience with an outfitter that i guided for and was impressed by how he handled himself, his clients and his business. Stressing legality and ethics and doing things the right way. I shared my experience and photos of a great bear with the intention of just sharing, not looking to open a can of worms or shed a bad light on someone elses business.
    A member posted on my thougths and shared their thoughts in a way that lead me to believe the thread could possibly take a wrong turn and end up never really hitting the intentions i posted it with. So i asked a moderator to delete the thread.

I'm not leaving a thread posted that will shine a negative light on a business or persons that I have had good experiences with. We all have different experiences, and often with the same people and often in different ways. However being the orginal poster i felt that I had the perogative to have my thread taken down as not to unitentionaly black eye someone that treated me fairly.
    I realize that others migth have had different experiences but didn't feel my thread was the place to be posting them.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

You're livelihood depends on not just your ethics and abilities in the field, but also good public relations and positive interactions with everyone in the business whether good or bad. Because in the end it's your reputation of business that keeps you successful.

Good call, Jake.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Good call Jake and thanks for explaining it to those of us that were wondering what happened.

Sad state all the way around and hope very much you will not stop posting your hunts here.One needs to look at total value and you sir are right up there.To my thinking just maybe the other post should have been done away with and your fine post continued.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

theres no worries or hard feelings towards the poster, they were just sharing their experiences, i just felt that it wasn't the place and didn't want to see my thread head down the drain....i won't stop posting in here for sure.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212